Advertising Age talks about the Roll Out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh! We've got to do something about all this misinformation. I mean, how could you possibly have an electric car without a way to charge it? So of course, everybody will have to have one of these $2200 "chargers".

Not me. I'll be driving my Leaf home every night with an average of more than half a "tank" full of electrons left, plugging it in to a plain old 110 V outlet, and coming out in the morning to find that the tank is magically full. That's because it's a rare day that I drive more than forty miles.

Right, the included "slow-charge" 120v-to-J1772 portable EVSE can be used almost anywhere.

Note: Perhaps this 120v charging can be done at either a "standard" 15-amp rate, or at a user-selectable lower 12-amp rate. A continuous 15-amp charge might require a circuit with a 20-amp breaker, but a 12-amp charge should be able to use a circuit with a 15-amp breaker.

Apparently there are some 120v EVSE units made (Tesla?) that can be set to an even lower 8-amp rate, for use when the 12-amp rate does not work reliably.

I have not heard what "settings" the Leaf's 120v EVSE will have.

garygid said:
Right, the included "slow-charge" 120v-to-J1772 portable EVSE can be used almost anywhere.

Note: Perhaps this 120v charging can be done at either a "standard" 15-amp rate, or at a user-selectable lower 12-amp rate. A continuous 15-amp charge might require a circuit with a 20-amp breaker, but a 12-amp charge should be able to use a circuit with a 15-amp breaker.

Apparently there are some 120v EVSE units made (Tesla?) that can be set to an even lower 8-amp rate, for use when the 12-amp rate does not work reliably.

I have not heard what "settings" the Leaf's 120v EVSE will have.

It makes more sense for the charger to limit this, Thinks had this on the dash. One could use a standard cord and set the circuit limit.

Back