Actual cost to charge using TED the energy detective!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVDRIVER

If you want to know what it costs exactly to charge your leaf daily, monthly, yearly then you may consider Ted the energy detective. I have used these before and they are quite nice. I will be using a 5003G to monitor my house usage, solar usage and net production as well as one leg dedicated to the Leaf charging circuit so I know the exact cost to charge regardless of my time of use cost since the Ted knows all this information and is quite exact. I will be able to know the exact cost of each trip if desired as well as a pile of other info I most likely will never need:)

http://www.theenergydetective.com/store

Thank You!

I use a couple of 110V plug-in loggers now but wanted to track the electric water heater - you've answered my request for information! :D

Andy

The 5003 model (which has three sets of current-measuring toroids) would measure my generation, grid connection, and vehicle-charging.

WARNING:
Use great CAUTION when installing the CTs around the wires that connect to the grid. These wires are usually HOT unless the service meter is disconnected. Also, there is often very little clearance around these "big" wires in the main service breaker panel, often insufficient to "install" the CTs there. Installing near the meter might be another option, but the "street" side of the meter is always HOT. Double-Caution.

Back