US and Japan Leaf orders now at 13,000 units.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
sjfotos said:

Yes, but.... In my eyes, it's only super so long as we get ours from that first batch.

BTW, do we know if the cars are actually in production yet? If not, do we have a start date?

Can't imagine they are already building them, except maybe some components. Most builds usually don't take 6 months to complete and you wouldn't want to have any inventory on your books until needed. Thus the ol' JIT (Just In Time) manufacturing most companies (not just Automotive) utilize. I think after June we'll know more about the production dates, volumes and distribution.

the CA credit is first come first serve. So, even if you take delivery of LEAF #801 in CA and submitted the forms before the others, then you will get the credit. Does anyone know the address to sent the forms to? I'm thinking of driving over there( if not too far) and personally handing over the forms, or do an overnight mail.

Code:
Nissan Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn says the automaker has received 13,000 orders in the U.S. and Japan for its new electric car, the Leaf, exceeding production capacity.

Since Japan was some 3,600 earlier - let us say it is 4K now. That leaves 9K in US. So, I guess the rate slowed down (as expected) after the last update.

I expect a bit of surge on 15th - and slow trickle again until test drives start.

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project

The $5K California rebates are being handled by the Center for Sustainable Energy in San Diego, just down the street for me. I might have to bring them donuts and pizza...

trentr said:
the CA credit is first come first serve. So, even if you take delivery of LEAF #801 in CA and submitted the forms before the others, then you will get the credit. Does anyone know the address to sent the forms to? I'm thinking of driving over there( if not too far) and personally handing over the forms, or do an overnight mail.
You can forget it if you are #801, unless they pump some more money onto the fund. That money doesn't all go to Leafs. We're competing with Teslas and Volts and even little electric city cars. And ... they've already started handing it out. (The Volts and city cars get smaller slices, though.)

trentr said:
In California, residents can apply for electric car rebates at the following website.

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles

The funds are instantly committed, then you have two weeks to deliver the paperwork.
If paperwork is not delivered on time, the funds are returned to the pool.

green01 said:
http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles

The funds are instantly committed, then you have two weeks to deliver the paperwork.
If paperwork is not delivered on time, the funds are returned to the pool.

Odd that the link to apply for the Leaf rebate is not there. You don't suppose some eager beavers have been trying to apply already, so they took it down? I can't imagine that's the case...it does say quite clearly that you need to supply proof of registration as part of your application.

Does one have to complete a purchase before applying for the CA refund?

Or, can one "reserve" (lock in) a refund to apply to a pending purchase, as one was able to do when installing a solar PV system?

garygid said:
Does one have to complete a purchase before applying for the CA refund?

Or, can one "reserve" (lock in) a refund to apply to a pending purchase,

You have a two week window in which to make sure they have the paperwork. So you could theoretically apply for the rebate a week or so before you have your car, if you know for sure you can comply.

Also theoretically (though a bit silly and it could piss somebody over there off), you could keep applying for the rebate, and failing to finalize, in anticipation of getting the car knowing that eventually you could comply with the paperwork requirements. Possibly a reason why they've already taken down the application link.

Back