Just to be clear

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissanrules

I know when I first started looking into the Nissan EV I was confused, so here's a little bit of info that will hopefully help someone else!

EV means 'electric vehicle'

Although electric vehicles have been around for some time, no automotive manufacturer has ever mass-produced them. That's why everyone (well, everyone green who wants to make a difference on this planet) is excited about the Nissan Leaf that will be available in North America in 2010!

The Chevy Volt is proving to be quite popular, but it is not an electric vehicle, is is a hybrid vehicle meaning that it can run on gasoline or electricity. The Leaf is fully electric.

Ha, thanks Nissan Rules! I would've just assumed that people who managed to navigate to MyNissanLeaf.com, register for an account, log in to that account, and then read posts would know what EV stood for.

It's always good to get back to basics. It's good to understand our roots, where we came from, and how we can be Green and still drive cool cars :lol:

Back