North American Tour!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evguy

Nissan Leaf announced it will be touring North America.

The first stop is Los Angeles, and that will be the first time anyone in the continental US has seen the car.

The Nissan Leaf Zero Emissions Tour will make stops in 22 cities, including the District of Columbia, and Vancouver Canada.

You can visit the Nissan USA website to sign up for more info on tour dates etc.
http://www.nissanusa.com/

Look for the Nissan Leaf on these dates in these cities:
Southern California
Los Angeles: Nov. 13-17
Orange County: Nov. 18
San Diego: Nov. 19-21

Northern California
Berkeley/Walnut Creek: Nov. 23-24
San Francisco: Nov. 25-29
Santa Rosa: Dec. 1
Sacramento: Dec. 1
San Jose: Dec. 3-6

Pacific Northwest
Seattle: Dec. 8-12
Vancouver, Canada: Dec. 14-15
Portland, Ore.: Dec. 17-23

Southwest
Phoenix/Tucson: Dec. 30-Jan. 5
Las Vegas: Jan. 6

Midwest/East Coast
Detroit: Jan. 11-13
Knoxville/Chattanooga, Tenn.: Jan. 16
Middle Tennessee: Jan. 19-21
Washington, D.C.: Jan. 26-28
Raleigh, N.C.: Jan. 29
Orlando: Feb. 1-2

Texas
Houston: Feb. 5-6

New York
New York City: Feb. 9-14

From http://www.auto123.com
Through the Nissan LEAF Zero Emission Tour, Nissan will be showcasing the electric vehicle and battery technology as well as the company's zero-emission mobility objectives. Nissan already has partnered on the development of an electric-vehicle infrastructure through partnerships in the State of Tennessee, the State of Oregon, Sonoma County, San Diego, Phoenix, Tucson, Washington D.C., Seattle, Raleigh, and Vancouver. Additional partnerships will be announced in the near future.

Cool! I wonder if they will just drive around town with big signs on the cars that say 'I'm an electric Vehicle'???

Or are they going to have an indoor viewing type thing where people can come and sit in them etc? It'll be winter time... I hope it's indoors!

That raises an interesting question: Heat takes a ton of electric power.... or do they liquid cool the motor and use that to heat the cabin? In theory the motor wouldn't create any heat, because heat is wasted electric power.

The Nissan Leaf tour starts next week! Apparently the dates have changed, because originally Nissan said the tour would start on the 13th but now the Nissan USA website says the first stop is Los Angeles on Saturday the 14th.

Is anybody on this forum from that area? I'd like to hear what the event is like so that when they come near me in later that week in San Diego on the 20th, I'll know whether or not it is worth it to go down there and check out the Nissan Leaf in person...

It's almost time for the Nissan Leaf Tour to make it to the Pacific Northwest! I signed up for this forum back when they announced the tour, and i've been sitting on the sidelines.

I want to see the Nissan Leaf in person, then I am sure I will have lots of comments and questions!

I saw on youtube someone was test driving the Leaf. I would love it if they had a course set up here in Seattle and would let people drive it for a little bit to see what it's like driving an electric vehicle. :mrgreen:

Back