EVSE Upgrade to Swap is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveS

I'll be returning my leased 2011 LEAF in about a month, so I'd like to swap out my upgraded EVSE for a stock unit.

I have an EVSE Upgrade V2 (240v 16a and 120v 12a). I'll also include four adapters which are NEMA 6-50 (welder), 14-30/50 (RV campground and newer home clothes dryer), 10-30 (older home clothes dryer), and 5-15 (standard 120V). I'll also include two 15ft L6-20 extension cords (Stayonline.com part number 3394). Everything is in very good condition and was only used a few times. I'm asking $350 plus your unmodified 2011/2012 Nissan EVSE.

I'll accept payments via paypal to [email protected]. The buyer will pay shipping to get the unmodified unit to me, but I'll pay shipping to get the upgraded unit and accessories to the buyer.

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any questions or would like pictures.

Current prices at evseupgrade.com are:

EVSE upgrade $287
5-15 adapter $25
10-30 adapter $29.95
6-50 adapter $29.95
14-XX adapter $37.95
Shipping / Handling $27.50

That comes to $437.35 for you to deal with evseupgrade.com and get the same as what I am offering. Additionally, the extensions would cost $82.64 if you bought them from Stayonline.com ($35 each plus shipping). That means a total of $519.99 worth of stuff for $350 or a savings of about 33%.

Thank you for your interest.

Is the cable straight and not twisted? When was the upgraded done? Can you post some pictures?

FYI, look at your lease documents. You are not required to return your EVSE with your lease return. There is no need for you to "swap" with someone.

xtremeflyer said:
FYI, look at your lease documents. You are not required to return your EVSE with your lease return. There is no need for you to "swap" with someone.

So THAT's why there's so many on eBay...

xtremeflyer said:

Is that right? I wouldn't want to be charged later when my lease is up.

"FYI, look at your lease documents. You are not required to return your EVSE with your lease return. There is no need for you to "swap" with someone"

Seriously....that would be a big surprise as the EVSE is an integral part of the car. Hope that is true, but I would be shocked.

Many people keep them after the inspection is checked off and when dropping at the dealer or returning after inspection. Since the cars go to auction and many end up going overseas (Norway) once it's inspected they don't seem to care. Cars do not go back to dealer lots. I just read the LEASE and there is nothing that lists the return of the cord specifically. Don't know if it is listed on the sticker as original equipment

Bummer for me. My lease agreement specifically states "... including any charging accessories included with the vehicle." and has a checkbox called "Charging Accessories".

I am turning in my Leaf. Ill post a new fs and trade in the next few minutes. email me if interested. e m a i l e d at gml commm

I think Nissan might have learned from their mistake of not having the Charging Accessories check box on earlier leases but they do have it on all lease agreements now. Mine is a 2013 and has the same thing.

gergg said:
"FYI, look at your lease documents. You are not required to return your EVSE with your lease return. There is no need for you to "swap" with someone"

Seriously....that would be a big surprise as the EVSE is an integral part of the car. Hope that is true, but I would be shocked.
I would highly recommend returning the cord with the car. I just got done clearing up a snafu where NMAC tried to charge me over $1000 for a missing EVSE. (Long story, but it was actually removed by dealer prior to going to auction, and I had not done the pre-inspection showing I had it. Amazingly, the dealer located it, and NMAC is in the process of reversing the charges.)

Bottom line, I'd return it whether or not the pre-inspection is done, especially on more recent leases.

Back