Swap for EVSE upgraded charger (Los Angeles, CA)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyC

Hi MyNissanLeaf Members,

I also have an upgraded EVSE which I no longer need, as my car will be shortly coming off lease. I'm in the LA area. $100 plus exchange for your standard Leaf charger.

John.

Johnny, I was the first responder on this and pm'ed you and received your initial response of selling it to me, I have not heard from you after that. NOT good etiquette. But I do see your response that you sold it but to whom?

Evoforce said:
Johnny, I was the first responder on this and pm'ed you and received your initial response of selling it to me, I have not heard from you after that. NOT good etiquette. But I do see your response that you sold it but to whom?

Considering there was almost 12 hours between his post and yours, anything could have happened, including the person who did purchase it having sent the OP a PM before you did (but didn't publicly announce it). Or, maybe he had it for sale on more than one online forum. Or, considering you're in Arizona and he's in LA, maybe the OP preferred to sell it to a local over having to ship it, although he didn't originally post it as such.

Keep in mind this is not eBay, where the first and highest bid always wins.

Not so. I had interacted with him in P. M. and was the first responder. He offered to send pictures but that wasn't necessary for me. Also he was cordial. However, It is a matter of principle that first responder should be first in line. I admit I was leary of the seller because he had no posts here except for the sale of the EVSE. Someone else had Pm'ed him many hours later that had just purchased a new evse, so I believe he went with that to be able to turn in that with his vehicle. And yes, he would have preferred to trade with someone in LA but he did not state that as a deal breaker. It would have cost us both a little bit more for the swap but I'm right next door in AZ. Mine is brand new also but he didn't know that. But who seriously needs to turn in a brand new one with a lease return. He has no scruples or sense of fair play. My word is my bond and this was not an auction.

Evoforce said:
Not so. I had interacted with him in P. M. and was the first responder. He offered to send pictures but that wasn't necessary for me. Also he was cordial. However, It is a matter of principle that first responder should be first in line. I admit I was leary of the seller because he had no posts here except for the sale of the EVSE. Someone else had Pm'ed him many hours later that had just purchased a new evse, so I believe he went with that to be able to turn in that with his vehicle. And yes, he would have preferred to trade with someone in LA but he did not state that as a deal breaker. It would have cost us both a little bit more for the swap but I'm right next door in AZ. Mine is brand new also but he didn't know that. But who seriously needs to turn in a brand new one with a lease return. He has no scruples or sense of fair play. My word is my bond and this was not an auction.
Did he actually get back to you to say he sold it to someone else? If not, maybe he's just saying it's sold so he stops getting people contacting him, expecting you to come through.

He has had all of my info since the beginning including my phone number. He came back on here to post that he had sold it but did not respond to my pm's on getting his Paypal info. He is not waiting on my info, has not pm'ed me after getting on here to say it is sold, and has not called me.

Back