WTB: Your Upgraded EVSE for my standard until + $$

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanCunningham

MattInAkron said:
Looking for a current Leaf owner with upgraded EVSE who is getting ready to return their vehicle. I'd like to trade my standard 110V EVSE + $PayPal$ for your unit. I'm located in Ohio, but would be willing to pay for shipping. Thanks!
Don't mean to hi-jack your post but I'm in the same boat too. Let me know, after Matt has his upgraded EVSE already.

MODERATORS NOTE: Please don't hijack other people's FS/WTB threads. Thread split. -drees

Looked at that, $15 seems pretty high, for a year, to have access to post a 'Want' ad. I know a lot of work goes into these things and i suppose the host/admin/owner would like some form of compensation for doing all of that work. I just do not see the value, yet, in paying $15 to be able to post an ad to want something. I guess I could just wait it out and see if the items I'd like appear from another forum supporter. I would like to support the forum, but $15 a year, is just too much. That is my thinking right now. It could change with some positive feedback for me to consider.

DuncanCunningham said:
Looked at that, $15 seems pretty high, for a year, to have access to post a 'Want' ad. I know a lot of work goes into these things and i suppose the host/admin/owner would like some form of compensation for doing all of that work. I just do not see the value, yet, in paying $15 to be able to post an ad to want something. I guess I could just wait it out and see if the items I'd like appear from another forum supporter. I would like to support the forum, but $15 a year, is just too much. That is my thinking right now. It could change with some positive feedback for me to consider.

Forum support is only $15, so if you pay $15 it is like a classified ad to a very large targeted audience. You are also supporting the site in general and you don't have to do it every year. To me $15 seems like an extreme value for this, of course you can list on ebay and pay huge listing fees plus Paypal fees as well. There is the option to not pay and not list an item and get the free content, like people do with things like public radio which also has a fee for sponsors to cover operating costs from the lack of listener support.

EVDRIVER said:
Forum support is only $15, so if you pay $15 it is like a classified ad to a very large targeted audience. You are also supporting the site in general and you don't have to do it every year. To me $15 seems like an extreme value for this, of course you can list on ebay and pay huge listing fees plus Paypal fees as well. There is the option to not pay and not list an item and get the free content, like people do with things like public radio which also has a fee for sponsors to cover operating costs from the lack of listener support.

True, it is very targeted. I have not wanted to list anything for sale yet. I stopped using ebay a very long time ago and paypal was and still is brutal with fees to those receiving money. I use Square for that.

I'm not someone who thinks everything should be free. I'm still worried about charging stations that are free but keep breaking down, I'd rather pay for the service and have it available and maintained as any other fueling station is. Electric charging stations could be great for business as you have a captive audience while they charge but technology is moving so fast the business model might not last long enough.

EVDRIVER said:
Exactly right. $15 seems little enough to pay for the huge information resource that is MNL. Being able to list things for sale is bonus.

DuncanCunningham said:

Seriously ? that's $1.25 a month, a month ! I've learned so much here on my car and charging and read great posts, a $1.25 is well worth it and you're here too sheesh.

Back