30A 7.2kW OpenEVSE Basic portable waterproof with RGB LED light for sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrad

30A 7.2kW OpenEVSE Basic portable waterproof with RGB LED light

I have a 30A portable waterproof OpenEVSE for sale with a Custom 40A J1772 21 foot cable using a 63A plug. I can change the cable for a longer one for less than $2/ft up to 50ft. This unit operates on Level 1 120VAC or Level 240VAC. Using optional adapters you can plug this into a standard house outlet, for 120v use, a 240v dryer outlet ect. This is a 24A continuous EVSE. This is mounted in a PolyCase Polycarbonate Enclosure with custom graphic cover - NEMA Rated for outdoor use. This is intended to be used with a 30A breaker or larger. Equipped with universal NEMA 14 series plug allows you to plug your EVSE into NEMA 14-30 (common dryer outlet), 14-50 (common Range outlet), 14-60 outlets (found at some Fair grounds). An EVSE is considered a continuous load so 24A is the max for a 30A breaker. But can be dialed lower to whatever circuit you may find in the wild via the menu.

The cost is $462.50 plus $25 for UPS ground shipping in the continental USA.
I offer a 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty on all my EVSE’s

Check it out here for current pricing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics EVSE flyer.pdf?dl=0

Also available in higher power versions with LCD screen, see the PDF for examples with pics!

It will charge any J1772 compliant car at up to 24A
The EVSE may be preprogrammed by me before shipping for your needs in multiple steps on Level 1 and 2 anywhere between 6-24 amps in 2A increments.
Default Level 1: 12A
Default Level 2: 24A

Memory is retained for each level separately.

I chose these values to give the user flexibility for various outlets found in the wild. I can go higher on the 120v side than you normally get so if you use a RV 30A outlet you can take advantage of faster charging. In my test my LEAF could pull 27.5A @ 120V

Specs/features:
OpenEVSE control board
All nuts/bolts/washers are STAINLESS STEEL
The base plate inside is custom cut aluminum
Custom 40A J1772 21 foot cable using a 70A plug. and heavy wall PET braided sleeving.
The relays are quality Potter & Brummfield 30A units.
The input cable is 30A, 3.5ft, 10ga. with a 14-xx plug
It has a multi color RGB LED light
Heat shrink tubing used throughout.
All parts are new.

here is a link to the owner’s manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8trxz34rck2nrxt/OpenEVSE%20users%20guide.pdf?dl=0

If you would like the unit customized I can do that for the difference in parts. I also build custom adapters, see my other thread

If you would like to see it in action on your EV we can arrange that thru private message at my home. Local pickup in Las Vegas near Smith's grocery on East Flamingo. Payment is by PayPal if shipped or cash for local pickup.

I worked hard on a nice PDF featuring some of the EVSE's I build and accessories. Check it out here for current pricing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics EVSE flyer.pdf?dl=0

I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. Example I can build this one here for the same price and make the Whip longer for under $2/ft up to 50ft. Private message me or if you have a general question you think the rest of the community can benefit from post it here.

Optional Adapter #21 5-15 plug (regular 15A plug) to Camco 14-50 outlet $38.00

Case Specs:
Case measures 7.63 x 4.63 x 3.09 in.
Designed to IP65 of IEC 529 and NEMA 1, 2, 4, 4x, 12 and 13 specifications
Silicone rubber gasket makes this ideal for outdoor use in a wide range of adverse conditions
Molded on surface-mounting flanges
Captive, stainless steel screws thread into brass inserts for cover on/cover off applications
UL Listed to UL508-4x specifications (File E194432)

Main Board Specs:
Open Source - Hardware (Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA) and Firmware (GNU GPL v3)
Fully supports SAE J1772 Recommended Practice
Software adjustable pilot (6A – 24A)
4W Switch Mode Power Supply Integrated
Built in GFCI with 20ma trip point
Supports all J1772 states including “ventilation required”
Supports Diode check
AC L1 – L2 auto detect Current setting for each
Ground verification and Stuck Relay detection

Back