UPDATE - Nissan Leaf Hitch for Accessories (Bill's version) - FREE!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daaxix

I have a Nissan Leaf Hitch for FREE to a Tucson local.

It is like the one shown here : http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=7829, but is the new version with the lockable pin (accessible from underneath) instead of the cable pull pin to keep the hitch tongue in place.

It cost me $350 about 14 months ago. Comes with the cloth bag.

This hitch is not for towing, and comes with no safety rings and no wiring, it is only for accessories like bike racks or trunk racks.

It is for a 2014.

If you have a different year you will have to ask Bill if it will work.

I have all the hardware except for the wire (which is easy to make) needed to pull the bolts through the frame.

Evoforce said:
Considering you can buy one online new with free shipping and includes the ball support and chain rings for $114. You may have to come down on price a bit.

Well, you shouldn't actually be towing, so the chain rings are moot. Link?

I doubt Bill's is $114...

daaxix said:
Evoforce said:
Considering you can buy one online new with free shipping and includes the ball support and chain rings for $114. You may have to come down on price a bit.

Bill no longer sells his...

daaxix said:
Evoforce said:

Just google it. Pretty easy for you to look up. I just bought one a month or two ago and installed it on one of my Leafs. Curt Manufacturing

Evoforce said:
daaxix said:
Evoforce said:

Just google it. Pretty easy for you to look up. I just bought one a month or two ago and installed it on one of my Leafs. Curt Manufacturing

Looked it up.

1) that one requires subframe drilling, Bill's does not.

2) Bill's requires one small 1.5" x 1.5" hole in the rear diffuser, who knows how much cutting that one requires.

3) Is that one made in the USA?

Sorry, but $150 is beyond fair for Bill's version...

It simply enlarges 1 hole that is extremely easy. It in no way makes it less sound structurally. All of the bolts easily install. There are several videos on the net that make installation a snap. There are other manufacturers producing them also besides the one that I installed from Curt Manufacturing. Bill no longer makes the one you purchased and was quite pricy compared to what is offered now. I know you paid a bit more when you bought it new and I don't blame you for trying to recoup you cost. I need a second one for my other Leaf but I doubt our numbers could get close enough. I know I personally sometimes have a hard time selling my things too, because I quite often value my things, more than what people want to pay. I also hate the money that evaporates once the word (used) is associated with a perfectly good item. Shoot me your best price in a PM. Maybe we are closer than I think.

i don't think my PMs are getting to you. I have two in my OUTBOX with your name on them.

I contacted Bill and he said those will fit my year of Leaf. What do you need from me? my email is my profilename at sign me dot com

DuncanCunningham said:
i don't think my PMs are getting to you. I have two in my OUTBOX with your name on them.

I contacted Bill and he said those will fit my year of Leaf. What do you need from me? my email is my profilename at sign me dot com

If you can arrange pickup and shipping yourself before 12pm here in Tucson tomorrow, I'll give it to whoever you have pick it up.

I'm leaving the country...

Back