Parts from Disassembled Red 2015 Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My winter project is a 1971 beetle that has already been chopped and customized as a ratrod. 2 banks of 18 modules in parallel powering a 144V DC motor. http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/turkster1/library/
I will use 3 additional modules to expand the pack on my dual sport motorcycle from 6 to 9, which currently tops out at 45 mph and 25 mile range. That leaves 9 for the future. I bought a whole car with the hope of recycling some components, particularly the heater and a/c, from the leaf in the beetle, but I realize now that is too hard.
I read a statistic that over 80% of Leafs are leased and a wave of ex-lease Leafs are about to hit the market. Unfortunately for me, that wave hasn't surfaced yet and I'm in a little too deep with my project, which has been further compounded by the time invested in stripping the leaf instead of working on the actual project (although strictly speaking its not winter yet, so i shouldn't complain). Hence the sale of the parts.

Hopefully in another year or so, I'll be looking to use the HV battery (getting a new one) for off-grid backup storage IN SITU. Currently, the best tie point appears to be the HV wiring harness from the JB to the AC OR cabin heater (30 amp connectors that are fused protected). Can you send me a pic of these HV wiring harnesses and pricing. I might not use them if I can figure how to get the CHAdeMO to be bi-directional - but that seems to be very dicey at this point.

"I will use 3 additional modules to expand the pack on my dual sport motorcycle from 6 to 9, which currently tops out at 45 mph and 25 mile range."

i have a zero 2012 dual sport motorcycle with a dead battery and Zero wants $1000 to replace the battery, but honestly I think it would be better with a new battery, the 244 cells that make it up is ridiculous IMHO.
do you know anyone that does these conversions?

Due to the size of the leaf modules they did restrict my choices for orientation and location in the frame, particularly as i had no flexibility around where to locate the motor (ME1003). In the end i modified the frame, but the cells are still mounted higher than ideal, which affects the weight distribution a little. Building with smaller cells (prism or 18650 cells) allows a much more tailored assembly. However, with the Zero, since you are not constrained by the conventional frame you might be able to work something out. Nonetheless, $1000 for the drop in OEM replacement sounds like it might be cheaper than assembling an alternative pack and reconfiguring.
For the electrics I bought my leaf modules, charger and BMS from hybridautocenter in Las Vegas. They were pretty helpful and still are, offering to modify my components for the upgrade.
I would have guessed from your username that you would be the best person to modify your Zero ......

Turkster said:
2 wheels with tires (need replacing), $20 each
Should I expect a response, Turkster, to my request for information about these wheels and shipping cost?
I did include my phone number in the PM< thanks.

Absolutely quattro, within 24 hrs and most likely sooner. However, I am sorry , but i am still yet to receive your PM. Feel free to PM me again. It should stay in your outbox until i open it.

Given they are $53 new the most i could ask for is $25 a piece. For that amount of money i'd sooner keep the doors whole. One day some poor sole will really appreciate a cheapr door that is is bolt on and good to go.

Back