2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red2000l

Everything except the body panel, bumper cover, and the headlight are in "2011" condition. Until someone backed into the car, it was almost like new. Body shop said it needs between $2500-3000 of work because of the headlight, bumper attachment, front quarter panel, and where it connects to the frame part is bent (so it needs work to the connector metal part to reconnect the panel back on). Everything under the hood is in perfect condition and works. Hood and door panels are in perfect alignment... only the front body panel, headlight, and bumper cover were affected.

Anyway, does anyone want it for a reasonable sale price?

2011 Silver
36000 miles
8 bars left, 73 miles range
everything works (except right headlight)
tires like new
rims- pretty much perfect
Location- Scottsdale, AZ

A 2011 in good conditions is worth about 4-6k , if it qualify for a new battery it will be worth more, now with the damage it has, probably worth 2-3k

I would ask $2-$3k but if there is any damage, even a little dent you won't get much more than salvage value.

A guy with a volt had a similar situation and best offer was $1500.

I'm not saying don't ask it, just reminding you to not be surprised when you get low balled in the 3 digit area and if the titles branded it will be a hard sell.

If it were me and the title is clean I would duck tape it, stick on a crappy light so it's legal and drive the thing.

Been there done that.

Good Luck

yeah, title is clean. I thought about fixing it, but i almost never even drive the car. the repair plus $1200/year in insurance doesn't really make sense since I drive my truck almost everywhere I go. the parts alone are worth more than $3000 individually, but I don't have the time or expertise to figure that out.

The range is not misleading, that is what the car says based on how I drive. In city driving, I get just about that. Of course if you drive 80 miles an hour, the range will be much less. Nothing misleading about stating a fact that the car says it has that range available.

red2000l said:
The range is not misleading, that is what the car says based on how I drive. In city driving, I get just about that. Of course if you drive 80 miles an hour, the range will be much less. Nothing misleading about stating a fact that the car says it has that range available.

I never drive 80MPH, and I average about 4.2 M/KWH in warm weather. This is a little better than typical. You using the 'Guess O Meter' range estimate will not fool anyone on this site. If you actually believe what you write, then try to actually get that estimated range, including at least some 45MPH driving. Failing that, the more honest thing would be to label that range "in city driving."

red2000l said:

No way you're getting 73 miles of range with only 8 capacity bars left unless you're driving like a grandpa only going 25mph on a smooth level road on a 75 degree day! The EPA rating on a 2011 Leaf is 73 miles but that's with a brand new battery with all 12 bars in ideal driving conditions. Realistically you're looking at 40 to 50 miles of range (less at freeway speeds) on an 8 bar car.

Evoforce said:
Too old to qualify for a FREE new battery now.

The only way to tell for sure is to call Nissan with the VIN. It's the in-service date not the manufacture date. A 2011 may have been sold anywhere in 2012. It is PROBABLY too old but not definitely.

EV Customer Support Team
Phone: (877) NO GAS EV (or 877-664-2738)

Monday through Saturday:
7:00 AM to 11:00 PM, Central Time

some of you people obviously can't read. I'm stating what the car says the available range is on a full charge. every situation is different. i guess every car manufacturer isn't as smart as some of you since every new car provides an estimate of range based on battery life or amount of fuel in the tank. I've had a leaf years longer than any of you that are posting, but thanks for sharing your useless insights.

the post is asking if anyone wants a leaf in good condition to either fix up or part out. thanks for making it a dumb conversation about range.

to make you happy: 8 bars, estimated range available somewhere between 0 and 73.

We can read. We simply object to your effort to exaggerate the car's real world range by quoting a range estimator that is known to be terrible. You want a real estimate of your car's range, from your car's systems? Press the blue button on the steering wheel, and read the lower number that appears on the Nav screen. I think the button is present on the 2011...

Try taking it to a dealer and asking about the battery replacement. When I was at Autonation Nissan Tempe in January for my 2013's modem replacement there was a guy with a 2011 getting his battery replaced for free. His was out of the 5 year window, but they did it anyway.

If the battery was replaced, I'm sure I can find someone who is interested. Several of my coworkers and neighbors have expressed interest in my Leaf.

Do you still have the leaf? I am looking for a leaf in the 2-2.5k range with either 8 bars or bad body work. If so do u have any pics?

I'm retiring from this site...

It seems that every conversation ends with an argument and a "Whose got the biggest (AND MOST PRECISE) dick contest"..

powersurge said:

It seems that every conversation ends with an argument and a "Whose got the biggest (AND MOST PRECISE) dick contest"..
It's your call but I've found the simple foe option to be quite helpful for the one or two members that would make me want to quit this site. It's not perfect because if someone quotes your foe you'll see that but it does stop the temptation to respond to someone who has no respect for others :) note if you do want to see your foe's post you can just click "see this post" or something like that but again it helps you from banging your head against a wall, again personally with just a couple members, most everybody else around here is great :)

jjeff said:
powersurge said:

It's your call but I've found the simple foe option to be quite helpful for the one or two members that would make me want to quit this site. It's not perfect because if someone quotes your foe you'll see that but it does stop the temptation to respond to someone who has no respect for others :) note if you do want to see your foe's post you can just click "see this post" or something like that but again it helps you from banging your head against a wall, again personally with just a couple members, most everybody else around here is great :)

Thanks for you constructive response. I see your point about this "friend/ Foe" thing, and I am not personally involved in this one.

I do feel that ALL members and readers of individual topics have a responsibility to limit unproductive and nasty arguments. People need to speak up when members start in arguments, This is a "mutually used by all" site for information and I do not wish to be exposed to watching schoolyard fights of aggressive bullying. I, personally will be making comments when I see unneeded "ego" arguments, and encourage all who read this to do the same... Peace...

Back