rcm4453
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:35 pm
Leaf Number: 304133
Location: Wayzata, MN

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 pm

red2000l wrote:The range is not misleading, that is what the car says based on how I drive. In city driving, I get just about that. Of course if you drive 80 miles an hour, the range will be much less. Nothing misleading about stating a fact that the car says it has that range available.




No way you're getting 73 miles of range with only 8 capacity bars left unless you're driving like a grandpa only going 25mph on a smooth level road on a 75 degree day! The EPA rating on a 2011 Leaf is 73 miles but that's with a brand new battery with all 12 bars in ideal driving conditions. Realistically you're looking at 40 to 50 miles of range (less at freeway speeds) on an 8 bar car.

Foschas
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:35 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Jul 2015
Leaf Number: 320277
Location: Mass

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:59 am

Evoforce wrote:Too old to qualify for a FREE new battery now.


The only way to tell for sure is to call Nissan with the VIN. It's the in-service date not the manufacture date. A 2011 may have been sold anywhere in 2012. It is PROBABLY too old but not definitely.

EV Customer Support Team
Phone: (877) NO GAS EV (or 877-664-2738)

Monday through Saturday:
7:00 AM to 11:00 PM, Central Time

red2000l
Forum Supporter
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 pm
Delivery Date: 17 Sep 2011
Leaf Number: 8162

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:48 am

some of you people obviously can't read. I'm stating what the car says the available range is on a full charge. every situation is different. i guess every car manufacturer isn't as smart as some of you since every new car provides an estimate of range based on battery life or amount of fuel in the tank. I've had a leaf years longer than any of you that are posting, but thanks for sharing your useless insights.

the post is asking if anyone wants a leaf in good condition to either fix up or part out. thanks for making it a dumb conversation about range.

to make you happy: 8 bars, estimated range available somewhere between 0 and 73.

LeftieBiker
Posts: 7146
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm

We can read. We simply object to your effort to exaggerate the car's real world range by quoting a range estimator that is known to be terrible. You want a real estimate of your car's range, from your car's systems? Press the blue button on the steering wheel, and read the lower number that appears on the Nav screen. I think the button is present on the 2011...

Sandman333
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 410859
Location: Chandler, AZ

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:46 am

Try taking it to a dealer and asking about the battery replacement. When I was at Autonation Nissan Tempe in January for my 2013's modem replacement there was a guy with a 2011 getting his battery replaced for free. His was out of the 5 year window, but they did it anyway.

If the battery was replaced, I'm sure I can find someone who is interested. Several of my coworkers and neighbors have expressed interest in my Leaf.

josealreyes
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:31 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2015

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 am

Do you still have the leaf? I am looking for a leaf in the 2-2.5k range with either 8 bars or bad body work. If so do u have any pics?

powersurge
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:24 am
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am

I'm retiring from this site...

It seems that every conversation ends with an argument and a "Whose got the biggest (AND MOST PRECISE) dick contest"..

jjeff
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121
Location: MSP MN

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:26 pm

powersurge wrote:I'm retiring from this site...

It seems that every conversation ends with an argument and a "Whose got the biggest (AND MOST PRECISE) dick contest"..

It's your call but I've found the simple foe option to be quite helpful for the one or two members that would make me want to quit this site. It's not perfect because if someone quotes your foe you'll see that but it does stop the temptation to respond to someone who has no respect for others :) note if you do want to see your foe's post you can just click "see this post" or something like that but again it helps you from banging your head against a wall, again personally with just a couple members, most everybody else around here is great :)

powersurge
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:24 am
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Mon May 01, 2017 6:04 am

jjeff wrote:
powersurge wrote:I'm retiring from this site...

It seems that every conversation ends with an argument and a "Whose got the biggest (AND MOST PRECISE) dick contest"..

It's your call but I've found the simple foe option to be quite helpful for the one or two members that would make me want to quit this site. It's not perfect because if someone quotes your foe you'll see that but it does stop the temptation to respond to someone who has no respect for others :) note if you do want to see your foe's post you can just click "see this post" or something like that but again it helps you from banging your head against a wall, again personally with just a couple members, most everybody else around here is great :)


Thanks for you constructive response. I see your point about this "friend/ Foe" thing, and I am not personally involved in this one.

I do feel that ALL members and readers of individual topics have a responsibility to limit unproductive and nasty arguments. People need to speak up when members start in arguments, This is a "mutually used by all" site for information and I do not wish to be exposed to watching schoolyard fights of aggressive bullying. I, personally will be making comments when I see unneeded "ego" arguments, and encourage all who read this to do the same... Peace...

josealreyes
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:31 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2015

Re: 2011 Silver for sale with right front corner dmg- make offer

Tue May 02, 2017 12:32 pm

You still have the car? I sent you a message, but have not heard back from you.

Return to “Private For Sale, Want To Buy”