Proper EV Etiquette - Charging/Parking - Novice EV Owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBUYGAS

Here's my Latest Etiquette product. The evEtiquetteKit

Check out my latest site containing a full kit to teach ICEHOLES & EVHOLES a Lesson In Electric Cars. The KIT also contains Proper Etiquette items for your fellow EV owners.

Check it out here: http://www.EV-ETIQUETTE-STORE.com/

#evEtiquetteKIT #evEtiquette #EVHOLE #ICEHOLE #ICEDHOLE #BoltEV #TeslaModel3 #ElectricCars #ElectricVehicles #UBUYGAS

evetiquettekit.jpg

I also have the #evEtiquetteNotePad now for “Novice EV Owners” that most likely did not know any better because they just bought an EV.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/513580388/ev-etiquette-notepad-50-uses-electric?ref=shop_home_active_5

And a bunch of people asked me to make a NotePad for #ICEHOLES as well. The cool thing about these Note pads is that they have 50 sheets, You use a sheet and throw the rest in your glove box.

https://etsy.me/2jKX0rN

Here's both types (One for EV Owners who only Park in charging spots and one for Gas Car owners)
ev etiquette.jpg[/b]

Attachments

• IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 189
I think you would have an increase in interest if your products weren't so aggressive. calling your products "Etiquette" yet calling people @$$holes is not etiquette.

definition of the word "the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group."

I love the disc and the flyers, I have many times when I could give those out but maybe a little more "Etiquette" would open, more of us, up to wanting to buy your cool stuff. Can you do that? Make it more polite pack? I'd love to issue some nice ones. i'd dish those out all day. can you make some for those that park in disabled parking spots too?

Dropping a note calling someone for what you see their behavior isn't going to work.. treating them how you'd like them to be is probably best. I know when I'm doing something that upsets someone and they call me a rude word I'm going to get defensive and probably not change my behavior and bring out the passive aggressive in me to act back and justify my initial mistake and create a bigger incident that was originally dealt out.

it's easy to call someone a 'poopy head' and it might feel good for a moment or whatever but getting them on the side of being better would be pure joy to not have to deal with them again.

Thanks for your opinion. Each person has their own and some want Nasty Notes and Some want Middle of the road and others want polite ones.

I have all 3. Because I want to cater to everyone.

The ones you can buy are on this site: http://EV-Etiquette-Store.com

The Free ones (which are the nicest ones I have) are at this site: http://EV-Guidelines.org (Click on the PDF tab, download, print and trim)

Thank you.
Sal Cameli
aka UBUYGAS
www.UBUYGAS.com
www.EV-Rules.com
www.EV-Signs.com

DuncanCunningham said:
I think you would have an increase in interest if your products weren't so aggressive. calling your products "Etiquette" yet calling people @$$holes is not etiquette.

definition of the word "the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group."

I love the disc and the flyers, I have many times when I could give those out but maybe a little more "Etiquette" would open, more of us, up to wanting to buy your cool stuff. Can you do that? Make it more polite pack? I'd love to issue some nice ones. i'd dish those out all day. can you make some for those that park in disabled parking spots too?

Dropping a note calling someone for what you see their behavior isn't going to work.. treating them how you'd like them to be is probably best. I know when I'm doing something that upsets someone and they call me a rude word I'm going to get defensive and probably not change my behavior and bring out the passive aggressive in me to act back and justify my initial mistake and create a bigger incident that was originally dealt out.

it's easy to call someone a 'poopy head' and it might feel good for a moment or whatever but getting them on the side of being better would be pure joy to not have to deal with them again.

First of all, The Trump EVHOLE Card does NOT call anyone an A$$hole or an EVHOLE. It says “Please DO NOT Be an EVHOLE”. It does not say You are One.

Second, I would never and have never said “PoopyHead” in my life. That’s some pansy sh1t right there. People who say poopyhead need to be slapped around. HAHA.

trump_evhole.jpg

DuncanCunningham said:

Not really sure what you mean. But Thanks!

I made these for you, I put them all in one spot so people can download them and use them.

Enjoy!

EV_BLOCKING.png

EVCONES.jpg

EVHOLE.jpg

EVHOLE_BUMPERSTICKER.jpg

EVHOLE_DESCRIPTION.jpg

EVHOLE_JERSEYPLATEART.png

EVHOLE_ORIGINAL.jpg

EVHOLE_PARKINGTICKET.jpg

ICE_BLOCKING.jpg

ICEHOLE.jpg

PHEVHOLE.jpg

PHEVHOLE_PUMPKIN.png

T_HOLE.jpg

T_HOLE_Original.jpg

T_HOLE_Original.png

TESHOLE.jpg

TRUMP_EVHOLE.jpg

TRUMP_EVHOLE.png

I have found the simplest solution if an ICE vehicle is parked in an EV charging space. If the cord will reach, I park behind them and charge my car. If they come out while I am still charging, I let them know that I will move once my car is done charging (especially at paid charging stations). When they complain, I tell them to go talk to security at the business and security usually tells them they are lucky they weren't towed. Sounds mean, but it drives home the point, I don't go parking my electric vehicle in front a gas pump for hours on end and that is essentially what they are doing.

The City of LA, like some other cities in the SoCal area, has started to install GreenLots EVSEs in various areas along the curb. The problem is that unlike with the other cities, LA does NOT put up signage prohibiting ICEVs from parking there. I ran into that problem a few days ago while in the West LA area; many of these curbside charging stations were ICE’d.

The City of LA also places these high up on a utility pole (my guess is to deter vandalism/copper theft) so I don’t blame ICEV drivers for not noticing them; in fact while I was plugged into a station that was not ICEd, a couple of people came up to me and remarked how they never noticed the EVSE before. One of them asked how I was able to reach the cord (the EVSE is about 8 feet off the ground) and I showed her that you scanned the QR code on a sign much lower down on the pole, and the cord extends down from the EVSE (all GreenLots EVSEs work this way).

RonDawg said:
The City of LA, like some other cities in the SoCal area, has started to install GreenLots EVSEs in various areas along the curb. The problem is that unlike with the other cities, LA does NOT put up signage prohibiting ICEVs from parking there. I ran into that problem a few days ago while in the West LA area; many of these curbside charging stations were ICE’d.

The City of LA also places these high up on a utility pole (my guess is to deter vandalism/copper theft) so I don’t blame ICEV drivers for not noticing them; in fact while I was plugged into a station that was not ICEd, a couple of people came up to me and remarked how they never noticed the EVSE before. One of them asked how I was able to reach the cord (the EVSE is about 8 feet off the ground) and I showed her that you scanned the QR code on a sign much lower down on the pole, and the cord extends down from the EVSE (all GreenLots EVSEs work this way).
Wow, thanks for the description. I was not aware of these (not that I will ever get to LA in my 2011 Leaf ;)

Reddy said:
Wow, thanks for the description. I was not aware of these (not that I will ever get to LA in my 2011 Leaf ;)

No, but if you come down here and rent a car, you could end up with a PHEV.

Reddy said:
RonDawg said:

Reddy ,

You may see them soon since Shell Oil has bought out GreenLots.

cmwade77 said:
I have found the simplest solution if an ICE vehicle is parked in an EV charging space. If the cord will reach, I park behind them and charge my car. If they come out while I am still charging, I let them know that I will move once my car is done charging (especially at paid charging stations). When they complain, I tell them to go talk to security at the business and security usually tells them they are lucky they weren't towed. Sounds mean, but it drives home the point, I don't go parking my electric vehicle in front a gas pump for hours on end and that is essentially what they are doing.

I like your solution very much. I’ve done the same. And if they don’t come back I leave a WindShieldNote from http://EVparkingTickets.com

The smartest charging stations in TX are at the far end of the parking lot. I wish everyone would do it that way. Blink has made its stations practically useless by almost always putting them near the front door. Not very bright, especially if you want to make money. EVGo does theirs in far end of drug store lots and almost never has ICE issues.

mjblazin said:
The smartest charging stations in TX are at the far end of the parking lot. I wish everyone would do it that way. Blink has made its stations practically useless by almost always putting them near the front door. Not very bright, especially if you want to make money. EVGo does theirs in far end of drug store lots and almost never has ICE issues.

Maybe in your area, but in mine evGO’s units aren’t at the far end of the lot.

While I would love for the charging networks to do what Tesla does and put them in the least-used part of a lot, it also adds to the installation costs.

Less premium placement within parking lots would help quite a bit in some places. A couple places I've been, parking was so constrained it wouldn't matter where the spot was, it will be ICEd regularly. In retroactive installations, the location within the lot can impact the cost. But the reduced headaches of customers fighting each other and complaining to management/security etc. is likely well worth that additional investment. Though bringing up these headaches is probably not a good part of the sales pitch to get reluctant managers to sign up for installation.

I'd really like to see more balance in the installations. One nearby mall has 1 Level 2, 1 Combo DCFC, and 12 Tesla. Another mall has a pair of Combo DCFC, but no Level 2 or Tesla.

Good to know about how Greenlot stations work. I had no idea they existed. No I have something new to research and look for. Thanks

It would be nice is EVGo combo stations all had L-2, even if not for free. I looked longingly at one of their combo setups at the supermarket at which I most often shop, for almost two years, but couldn't use it until I got my 2018.

Back