EVSE Upgraded Charge Trade +$100

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilhelre

My 2015 Leaf's lease is ending and I am looking to trade my EVSE Upgraded charge cable for an OEM one plus $100. I will include the 120v adapter cable at no additional cost. I am located in Cincinnati, OH for a local swap, but am willing to ship at buyers expense.

Original cost for the upgrade was $249 including the 120v adapter.

I may be interested! What connector does the upgrade have? What is the max amps it will provide?

Thanks. I have a 2014 all original 120V Nissan EVSE.

Curt

If it's a standard '15 upgrade it will have a L6-30 plug and max out at 12a @ 120v and 16a @ 240v.
For reference your '14 could be upgraded to 12a 120v(16a for $20 extra), 20a 240v at a price of $247 + shipping.

Jeff has all the info there. I am essentially saving you $170 on the upgrade as I am also including the adapter to plug back into 110 if needed. Let me know if interested.

Ryan

Nice deal if no undisclosed details.

I swapped for the cost of shipping last year but the owner of the upgraded EVSE failed to mention that the locking latch was broken off at the tip. And of course he disappeared after the sale.

Everything operates as expected and no damage outside of some nicks and scratches from setting down on the concrete.

okay, I see. I'm looking for the 20 amp version. I wonder why the newer (2015 and up) are only doing 16 amps with the EVSE upgrade?

finman100 said:
okay, I see. I'm looking for the 20 amp version. I wonder why the newer (2015 and up) are only doing 16 amps with the EVSE upgrade?
Lesser specs on the OEM equipment

finman100 said:
Nissan cheaped out and used 14 gauge J1772 wire(only rated for 16a) vs 12 gauge(20a) on the older Leafs!
Could be worse, I've read the Volt?? EVSE only uses 16 gauge wiring, 12a!
Note to OP, I'm not sure if the '15 EVSE physically looks different than a '14 but if it does you might want to only exchange with someone with a '15 or newer. Note they may not even notice the difference(and probably wouldn't) but I do remember when all the '11's and '12's came up for lease return people wanted to make sure they were trading for a '11 or '12 EVSE as they did look quite a bit different. Looking at EVSEupgrade's website the '14s and '15s look quite similar and it might just be the lighter gauge cord thats different.
If I were in a position to need such an upgrade I'd probably jump on this, as noted it's almost $200 off the cost of a regular upgrade but I too would probably like the 20a version, just getting harder to find as '14 was the last year that was the norm. If you only had a 20a circuit then 16a would be ideal.

Back