OEM Nissan Leaf Wheel Package: Wheels, Tires and TPSs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RedLeader said:
- About 4,000 road miles
- Around 90% of tread leaf on the Bridgestone Ecopias
- All tires are free of defects; no plugs, no patches, no curbing, uneven wear, etc.
- Wheels are in perfect condition; no curbing, no scrapes dents, etc.
- Original Nissan Tire Pressure sensors are included
20120614_194909.jpg

RedLeader, what tires and wheels did you put on? I have (at 18k) already scrubbed off the sides of the tread... Looking for a tire that has a decent amount of grip, unlike my previous car (an RX8) this car's tires are pitiful and the body lean is ridiculous.

JohnOver said:
RedLeader, what tires and wheels did you put on? I have (at 18k) already scrubbed off the sides of the tread... Looking for a tire that has a decent amount of grip, unlike my previous car (an RX8) this car's tires are pitiful and the body lean is ridiculous.

I have Michelin Primacy MXV4 (215/45-17) on MB Motoring Weapn 17x7 wheels. This combo is good and improves the handling and feel of the Leaf, seem to have a minimal impact on range. If I were to do it again I think I would like something w/ a bit more grip and accept the further reduction in range. I think if the Leaf ran on some 18" 35 series tires it still wouldn't have any more of an improvement than what I'm running now. The wheel/tire package won't keep it from leaning and wallowing around the way it does. It's the suspension that needs to be addressed.

Back