WTB: L2 EVSE or L1 Nissan EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devin

If anyone has an extra L2 EVSE or L1 Nissan EVSE (to be upgraded) lying around I might be interested in purchasing it. My friend just acquired a Volt so I'm helping him get his EVSE set up. He's renting a house but has permission from the landlord to install and is in Burbank Water & Power territory, home of the amazingly generous $100 EVSE rebate. :lol:

That said we think his dryer plug might do the trick so an upgraded Nissan unit might be ideal. The bonus there would be that he could take it with him when he moves. Going to test his dryer outlet with my EVSEupgraded unit.

If he can do EV Project then this could all be moot, but I'm putting the feelers out here nonetheless.

I have an OpenEVSE that I built for sale, L1/L2 capable, 30A max. Comes with various 240V adapter cords (native it has an L6-30P 30A 240V plug on it, I have adapters I will supply with it to go to a standard 120V outlet, an L6-20 (20A) and a 14-50 (used in RV Parks and Ovens, 50A)

The build and pictures of the unit can be seen on this link:
http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/wiki/EVSE_by_mwolrich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I built it, the ITT J-1772 cable was $270, I need to get $550 for the unit, I will include the adapter cables and shipping to you. The current is now adjustable via a 1 button menu system, so you can adjust it to 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 24 or 30AMPS (30A can only be used if you are using the 14-50 adapter cord on a 40A or 50A circuit)

If you would rather have a commercially built unit, I also have a Schnieder EV2430WS availble, with the original box, I have installed a 14-50P appliance plug on it, but you can hardwire it if you wanted to. $650 including shipping to you. This unit is full 30A capable when installed on a 40A circuit or more.

Mitch

Thanks, Mitch! I think he'd probably rather have a commercially built unit. I'll pass the info along and see what he says.

Back