Leafs (and other EV's) from MOTARRA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarPortal

We are a startup focused on making it easier, less expensive and more fun to buy a used car. More to come...we are in the very early phases of ramping up our business. We've put three cars up for auction on eBay and have many more in the pipeline. The three cars on offer now are basically there so we can test all our back office systems. When/if we sell one of these cars we'll actually have a live order to run through our DMS (dealer management system). Contact us if you'd like to be one of our very first victims.

We hope to have our website (beta) up this week and we may share it with the community here first for feedback before makeing it visible to the general public.

Here are the three active auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122001672542?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122000915956?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122000722382?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

It's a bit late, so that's it for now. Thanks for your interest and any feedback / input regarding selling pre-owned Leaf's and other EV's.

TEAM MOTARRA

When listing SV and SL model Leafs, it would be helpful to say whether it's a "Base" or "Premium Package" version. It looks like the SV listed above (last link) is a Base.

Hi Leftie, Thanks for the input...we'll do that going forward. Putting a few more up today.

Looks like we sold one (assuming the bidder follows thru which is never guaranteed on eBay Motors). Unfortunately we'll make nothing on the sale if it actually happens at $6999, but it will give us a beta customer to run thru our DMS software which automates the purchase agreement and other paperwork related to the sale.

Separately do any of the folk here have any input regarding how to reach potential Leaf buyers? We have a plan and we're working on rolling out our digital strategy. We're open to any and all input from the community here.

Thank you,
TEAM MOTARRA

LeftieBiker said:
When listing SV and SL model Leafs, it would be helpful to say whether it's a "Base" or "Premium Package" version. It looks like the SV listed above (last link) is a Base.
Motarra said:
Hi Leftie, Thanks for the input...we'll do that going forward. Putting a few more up today.
That might be confusing as there is no "base" model, just SV , SV with Premium, or SV with QC or SV with QC and Premium. If you designate something as "base" model, casual consumers will probably assume it is equipped like an "S" model with no options. I would stick to the same designations that Nissan uses to eliminate confusion.

That might be confusing as there is no "base" model, just SV , SV with Premium, or SV with QC or SV with QC and Premium. If you designate something as "base" model, casual consumers will probably assume it is equipped like an "S" model with no options.

As long as the listing mentions whether or not the car has the Premium Package and/or QC, it doesn't matter what term they use. Helping bidders and buyers be sure what they are getting will reduce back-outs.

I suggest you list the year, model, and options/accessories. Nissan changed some of the option package combinations available as time progressed (even in the middle of model year production). Features to list include: DCQC port, LED headlights, cruise control, Bose sound system (includes 4 exterior cameras and is also known as the premium package), and 17-inch wheels. You should also mention the cold weather package (heated seats and steering wheel) on 2011s since that package came late in the production run.

Gerry

Thanks for your input Gerry and all. We only offer 2013 and newer Leafs so that makes it a little easier. We'll be sure to specifiy the important details for each car when the website launches.

We have several sources. We've been quietly running into one problem after another trying to launch. This weekend we expect to put a dozen or more Leaves online for sale. They will be mostly S models which make a great and cost effective commuter. All with 12 bars. Will post the links here.

I bought my car from this vendor and have been recommending him to others, but I notice that my car is still listed in his website inventory 5 months after purchase.

I'm not sure what to make of this, but an extra bit of caution seems warranted.

SyrinxTemple said:
Did this outfit go out of business?
The website is not maintained, that is for sure. And since they are an internet business, that is probably a bad sign.

You could try calling them, but Caveat Emptor. The owner was Ravi Brar.

Thanks Sage. I have been looking into these online car buying portals in desperation. Vroom is one, Carvana another. The latter doesn't show images of the GOM, so not sure how people are determining which LEAFs are worth it; guess they're just counting on the return policy.

We are back! There are currently 23 LEAF's in stock (2013 thru 2015 model year cars). Please check out our new website with 360 exterior and interior views, detail photos and CarFax report for every car.

We'll be adding Fiat 500e's and BMW i3's in February and perhaps a few Volts also. Our marketing guy keeps pushing for Tesla, but I think that's just because he wants to drive one :D

Anyway here is the new site:

https://carportal.co

We would love feedback from the community here as we get rolling again. We have some cool stuff in store for your all...

thx leftie!

home page loading slowly or car pages or all pages?

now that the site is nearly complete we are in the process of moving it to a CDN (content delivery network) which will speed things up.

also the 360 views are a problem on mobile right now...we're working in them

Back