Affordable Hybrid and Electric Cars: How much Do They Cost? [sponsored]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wxxyz

Looking to buy a new car but also want to ensure that you add in the minimum possible to the carbon footprint? While electric cars might be your best bet, they can be really costly.

In fact, in recent news, Tesla, which had come out with the first electric car that would have costed a little more than $30,000 had stated that the particular model will be nearly non existent for now. you would have to shell away more than $70,000 to get hold of even a low priced Tesla, which might mean that you would be looking at other options.

Going the Hybrid Way - The Top Benefits

A hybrid car has more than one form of energy source, generally a combustion engine and a fuel tank along with electric motors and a battery pack. This combination is used to reduce emissions, increase fuel economy and generate power to the wheels.
When hybrid and electric cars were first introduced, they were expensive.

The development cost of the green technology drowned the manufacturers upto their necks in investment. As a result, the selling price was aimed to make up a percent of the investment. With time however, new innovations have taken place. Production costs have gone down considerably, and several options are available to the manufacturers. The trend is being passed on to the consumers.

Let us discuss some of the popular hybrid vehicle choices for you out there today.

Toyota Prius C

This is probably the most affordable hybrid car currently available in the market. It is ranked well in the class of Hybrid and Electric cars as well as that of subcompact cars. Prius C is has an incredible fuel efficiency of 48 mpg city and 43 hwy. It is exceptionally well maneuvered for driving in big cities with tight corners and rapid action. It’s standard safety features, infotainment features, performance and interior surpasses that of all it’s competitors.

Ford C-Max Hybrid
The Ford C- Max Hybrid is probably not the car you dream of, but it is an affordable hybrid option with steady features. A five seater with fuel efficiency of 42 mpg city and 38 hwy, it cuts down on the driving expense. Even though there is a compensation on the cargo room than most other wagons, it’s active handling and rapid acceleration are major pluses. With a roomy and upscale interior, it serves the purpose of going on a drive as well as keeping the planet green.

Hyundai Ioniq
The Hyundai Ioniq, comes in to sweep the eco-friendly avatar of yours off it’s feet. With a consumption rate of 55-57 mpg city and a 55-59 hwy, this car is not only fuel efficient, it is outright miserly. With splendid interiors, impeccable safety and performance, this hybrid has more to offer.

With an eco-friendly interior, it is equipped with a user friendly infotainment system. It also features plug-in hybrid technology and has generated quite some buzz among it’s contemporary compact cars, small cars and hybrid and electric cars.

This is a paid article, which is why it appears in the business section

I am impressed!
That was a lot of misinformation to pack in one post.

Primarily, you are dismissing all EVs because of a single flawed argument against Tesla?

The 2018 Leaf is a wonderful option for many people. The 2019 should be even better.
On top of that you have the Bolt, and PHEVs.
Hybrids are a great way to get decent gas milage, but not as nearly as efficient as EVs.

Zythryn said:
I am impressed!
That was a lot of misinformation to pack in one post.

Primarily, you are dismissing all EVs because of a single flawed argument against Tesla?

The 2018 Leaf is a wonderful option for many people. The 2019 should be even better.
On top of that you have the Bolt, and PHEVs.
Hybrids are a great way to get decent gas milage, but not as nearly as efficient as EVs.

+1

If circumstances permit it, I'd also add that a used leaf (plus renting another vehicle for the occasional long road) would be even more affordable for many. Used BEV's don't have the same concerns about being "abused by previous owners" that ICE's have, thus one wouldn't be buying someone else's problems.

I don't understand the reason for the original poster's "article" This is an EV site, and giving us a "TV news" article about different vehicles make no sense.... We are far beyond choosing GAS or Hybrid...

The poster must not have an EV if he is knocking EVs because a model of Tesla costs a lot... Who cares about Tesla when we have Leafs!!!

Aha, I missed the disclaimer at the end.

Added to that should have been...

This article contains falsehoods, and lies.
I am a bit disappointed that this forum will accept money to post falsehoods. Or, is this beyond the control of the administrators?

Zythryn said:
Aha, I missed the disclaimer at the end.

Added to that should have been...

This article contains falsehoods, and lies.
I am a bit disappointed that this forum will accept money to post falsehoods. Or, is this beyond the control of the administrators?

Everyone has their price, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back