trouble light on charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johannneering

Today while charging the leaf my power went out for a split second when a branch hit a power line. The red trouble light is flashing on the charger and I can't complete the charging of the car. Does anyone know how to reset the charger? Thanks

I'm assuming that since you posted in the Blink subforum, that you have a Blink. However, the Blink doesn't have any "lights". The screen does go red in an error state, and if that's what you have, please tell us what the screen says. After a normal power outage, the Blink will generally put up a message counting down for 10 or 20 minutes before charging is allowed to resume. The idea being to stagger the start of car charging all over the neighborhood after a general outage...but this doesn't sound like that.

In general error situations, usually unplugging the car and plugging it back in is enough. If the Blink is really confused, you might want to unplug the Blink from the wall (or open the circuit breaker) for a bit, then plug it back in.

If you don't have a Blink...never mind.

The charger is in the car and has no lights. You are referring to the "charge cable" or EVSE. Unplug it and plug it back in.

Back