Clackamas/Happy Valley Walmart TERRIBLE place to charge.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Msquared

I tried to leave this on Plugshare, but their site is having issues, so I'll at least post it on here:

This is generally a terrible place to charge, and considering that there are L2 chargers at the nearby Fred Meyer and at the Clackamas Town Center Mall, you would be better off using those.

The only reason I come here is because I live directly uphill from this Walmart, and sometimes I try and charge while shopping inside. That's if I can even GET to a charger. 80% of the time, both stations are blocked. Sometimes, if you can get a helpful Walmart associate, they'll ask the person to move, but I generally don't bother. I've even had one associate tell me that they don't enforce, so they're obviously not consistent.

Also, Walmart employees AND managers park in these spots, which I find to set a terrible precedent. I've seen this with my own eyes, even just last night, when a Walmart manager that I recognized was parking her little BMW in one of the spots.

And, if you're lucky enough to get a spot, don't sit in your car, because otherwise you'll hear either snide or ignorant comments such as "OH. Wow. Someone's *actually* using one of these!" One guy just today, the guy whose grey truck I posted a pic of, was like, "Is that your cute little electric car?" in a very sarcastic tone. I totally ignored him.

I tend to be a friendly person who doesn't mind telling people about my car if they have genuine questions, but at this location, there tends to be more haters. I even had one guy tell me he was greener than me because his VW van gets 34 mpg, but when I told him my leaf has no gas, he shut up.

Msquared said:
I tried to leave this on Plugshare, but their site is having issues, so I'll at least post it on here:

This is generally a terrible place to charge, and considering that there are L2 chargers at the nearby Fred Meyer and at the Clackamas Town Center Mall, you would be better off using those.

The only reason I come here is because I live directly uphill from this Walmart, and sometimes I try and charge while shopping inside. That's if I can even GET to a charger. 80% of the time, both stations are blocked. Sometimes, if you can get a helpful Walmart associate, they'll ask the person to move, but I generally don't bother. I've even had one associate tell me that they don't enforce, so they're obviously not consistent.

Also, Walmart employees AND managers park in these spots, which I find to set a terrible precedent. I've seen this with my own eyes, even just last night, when a Walmart manager that I recognized was parking her little BMW in one of the spots.

And, if you're lucky enough to get a spot, don't sit in your car, because otherwise you'll hear either snide or ignorant comments such as "OH. Wow. Someone's *actually* using one of these!" One guy just today, the guy whose grey truck I posted a pic of, was like, "Is that your cute little electric car?" in a very sarcastic tone. I totally ignored him.

I tend to be a friendly person who doesn't mind telling people about my car if they have genuine questions, but at this location, there tends to be more haters. I even had one guy tell me he was greener than me because his VW van gets 34 mpg, but when I told him my leaf has no gas, he shut up.

I would have told the ignoramus with the gray truck that "It can take your gas guzzler off the line and make it look like your standing still." :lol:

Back