Moving BLINK unit to another home

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBELEAF

I am moving and will have to bring BLINK unit with me. Did anyone go through this with BLINK? Do I have to hire an electrician to install it at the new place or EV Project provides that?

You'll have to hire your own electrician. I wouldn't involve Ecotality's referral electricians if I were you. If your unit is connected via Plug (most are), simply have an electrician install a new NEMA 6-50 Oultet. Then it's just a few bolts to move it. Be sure to call Ecotality and let them know you have a new address.

-Phil

I moved my Blink. You have to cover all the expenses to move it. On the plus side, you can pick your own contractor or even do the work yourself, Blink doesn't inspect. Just keep the data coming. I had the outlet put in by an electrician, then I dismounted it at the old place and mounted it at the new place myself. Be sure to get the placement of the new outlet right, as the cord is really short and the location of the EVSE is pretty much set by the outlet placement.

If the new zip code is outside the EV Project, they won't approve the move and will want to take back the EVSE. You may have to be persistent to even get them to approve the move. I had to finally email higher ups at my local Ecotality office to get attention.

Thanks for info. Sounds like a hassle if the new zipcode outside their program. Perhaps best option not to report the move to them as long as I still provide data.

IBELEAF said:
Thanks for info. Sounds like a hassle if the new zipcode outside their program. Perhaps best option not to report the move to them as long as I still provide data.

If you have to pay for the move anyway, and it doesn't ever need service, and that data keeps on coming........

forget to call them perhaps?

(you could even set up a VPN account, and have the data keep coming in from a Seattle IP address.)

IBELEAF said:
What about permit? Do I need to get new one, or it's transferable to new place?

The permit is more about the specific installation, existing load, safe practices, proper wire/conduit, etc.

So, yes, of course you'll need a new permit for the new location...

Back