Blink Quick Chargers Disappearing in Tennessee

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipscoggins

In the last month or so 4 of the 15 Blink Quick Chargers in Tennessee have gone offline.

I'm planning a 100 mile trip in a couple of weeks & the charging station at the 50 mile mark is offline. I spoke to Blink Customer Service today and he said there was no ticket or plan to fix the location (Cracker Barrel @ Kimball, TN) that the charger was not communicating with the network. He said it might be working, it might just need to be reset or it might be down. He didn't know.

So, Car Charging Group seems more inept than Ecotality, which could always at least tell me if a unit was working or not.

I plan to stop after 25 miles and L2 charge to 100ish% then drive about 55 miles to the L3 in Chattanooga (Chattanooga has 3 L3 chargers within 10 miles) that should get me the last 30 miles. Going backwards will be the part that's not fun... in December.. at night...

Anyone heard anything about Car Charging Group possibly replacing the Blink L3s with a more reliable unit?

Man, that is tough to hear. One of the trips I like to do includes a Blink QC at the halfway point. I've always been afraid of them going away.

I used a couple Blinks when I was in Seattle area last week (another story). First time, the charger wouldn't recognize my Blink card. I called the number on the back, and actually got a knowledgeable human! He said the card had not been associated with a name when they changed over. Couple keystrokes on his end and all was well.

voganni said:
I used a couple Blinks when I was in Seattle area last week (another story). First time, the charger wouldn't recognize my Blink card. I called the number on the back, and actually got a knowledgeable human! He said the card had not been associated with a name when they changed over. Couple keystrokes on his end and all was well.

According to the website, Blink network has been sold -

An Important Message

Car Charging Group, Inc. (“CarCharging”), a nationwide provider of convenient electric vehicle (EV) charging services, completed its purchase of the Blink Network and all Blink related assets from ECOtality. CarCharging has always been committed to supporting the electric car industry and by adding Blink and all of its assets to our network of EV charging stations, we can continue our efforts to further accelerate the adoption of EVs nationwide.

While Blink customer service is still very responsive via email, it still appears that they are not doing any physical maintenance on any charging stations.

I have asked for details on when that might start happening, but have not gotten an answer to when that might happen. Anyone else?

Our local EV club, MCEVA, just participated in commissioning a new Blink station in Pasco, WA. Blink (i.e., car charging) support contact was very responsive to our various needs for help. Seems like they are serious about running the business at this point. Sure hope so!

Petecomp1 said:
Our local EV club, MCEVA, just participated in commissioning a new Blink station in Pasco, WA. Blink (i.e., car charging) support contact was very responsive to our various needs for help. Seems like they are serious about running the business at this point. Sure hope so!
Can you supply more details on your club's role? Perhaps what we need around here is a local club to assist with identifying and fixing issues...

FYI I got an email today telling me that the company that bought Blink's assets has begun repairing and servicing Blink charging stations. They're called CarCharging. Good news.

Back