Was there an unannounced Blink update?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyellen

Did anyone else notice that their Blink home charger was updated? As I was unplugging the car yesterday morning, the unit displayed the blink logo and a white progress bar along with notice of "Your Blink is being updated." I haven't seen a screen like that in ages, so it took me back...I cannot find anything about the update though or what it was supposed to accomplish. Anyone in the know?

What version did yours update to? Mine is unchanged at 30801 (last 5 digits)

cyellen said:
Did anyone else notice that their Blink home charger was updated? As I was unplugging the car yesterday morning, the unit displayed the blink logo and a white progress bar along with notice of "Your Blink is being updated." I haven't seen a screen like that in ages, so it took me back...I cannot find anything about the update though or what it was supposed to accomplish. Anyone in the know?

cyellen said:
This occurs for a number of reasons. If you log in on the website dashboard and make any changes, your local Blink will wait until your car is unplugged to reboot and have the changes take effect.

Saw this in the Blink syslog, but I haven't noticed anything different since the update and I have no clue what triggered it:

Dec 9 19:49:15 blink-charger user.notice UserInterface: [BlinkCode:0][Update/updatemanager.cpp,56]Received request to reboot immediately.
Dec 10 03:49:15 blink-charger user.notice BackOfficeUpdateDaemon: [BlinkCode:1][BackOfficeUpdateDaemon.cpp,320]Successfully updated config HARDWARE.
Dec 9 19:49:15 blink-charger user.notice UserInterface: [BlinkCode:0][Update/updatemanager.cpp,179]Updating hardware configuration.
Dec 10 03:49:14 blink-charger user.notice BackOfficeUpdateDaemon: [BlinkCode:1][BackOfficeServices/ConfigDownloadService.cpp,176]Successfully completed downloading all requested configs.
Dec 10 03:49:14 blink-charger user.notice BackOfficeUpdateDaemon: [BlinkCode:1][BackOfficeServices/ConfigDownloadService.cpp,98]Successfully wrote config file HARDWARE.

Interesting, saw the same thing on mine - no noticable differences:

Code:
Dec 10 17:57:45 blink-charger user.emerg BlinkSystemMonitor: [BlinkCode:9999][watchdog.cpp,181]Blink System Monitor rebooting system!!
Dec 10 09:57:45 blink-charger user.notice UserInterface: [BlinkCode:0][Update/updatemanager.cpp,56]Received request to reboot immediately.
Dec 10 17:57:45 blink-charger user.notice BackOfficeUpdateDaemon: [BlinkCode:1][BackOfficeUpdateDaemon.cpp,326]Successfully updated config HARDWARE.
Dec 10 09:57:44 blink-charger user.notice UserInterface: [BlinkCode:0][Update/updatemanager.cpp,179]Updating hardware configuration.

Back