DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 12583
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:39 am

DNAinaGoodWay wrote:First Blinks I've seen around here are showing up on the Greenlots app. Haven't been to one yet, but they're listed as $0.03 per every 30 seconds, ($3.60/hour)


for L2? wow, that is high
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 129 miles, 491 GIDs, 38.1 Ahr available, 100% on everything else :)
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRA
Posts: 7925
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
DNAinaGoodWay wrote:First Blinks I've seen around here are showing up on the Greenlots app. Haven't been to one yet, but they're listed as $0.03 per every 30 seconds, ($3.60/hour)


for L2? wow, that is high

Originally, Bay Area Blinks were $3.00/hr. People bitched because anyone with a 3.3 kW OBC got really hosed compared to those (FFE etc.) with 6.6s. Blink then changed to $0.49/kWh (member, $0.59/kWh guest) pricing which California allows, so everyone was still paying more than gas/mile, but being screwed equally.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

User avatar
DNAinaGoodWay
Posts: 2763
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 am
Delivery Date: 03 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 23156
Location: Central Massachusetts

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:11 pm

There's two locations in Cambridge MA, one is $0.03 per 30 seconds, the other is $0.59/kWh. Either way is allowed here now. Pricey, but I'd use the one at IKEA anyway.

IMG_6257.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'12 SL last reading @ 2 yr, 22k, 260 GIDs, 62.35 Ahr

'15 SV w/QC, Mfd 5/14, Leased 8/14, 292 GIDs, 64.38 Ahr when new
@ 36 months, 34k, 270 GID, 57.49 Ahr

'17 Bolt LT



6.72 kW Array

cmwade77
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:04 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2017

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Honestly if I find a Blink station that is working, I am always a little worried about passing out from shock.....lol.

Seriously, they are that bad around here and we love to go to San Diego, which seems to have a love affair with Blink. They are the most expensive network and are the least reliable. I will go to EvGo over them, of course I have the $0.10 per minute DC Fast Charging plan still, which is still a little pricey, as it works out to $0.30 per kWh, of course the cheapest I can possibly get at home is $0.18 per kWh during the middle of the night, so there's that.

Luckily there are getting to be enough free stations around me that I can almost always hit 300+ miles before paying for a charge, my record so far is about 1,700 miles on $2.40, so not doing too bad even if the charge I pay for is a bit high.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Posts: 7489
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:06 am

I hope this isn't a repeat as I just noticed this noticed this.

Notice something odd about CCGI's latest quarter (ending Sept 30, 2017) at https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CCGI/financials?p=CCGI? They had about $607K in revenue but over $93.6 million in loss? :shock:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/blink-ch ... 18579.html didn't even bother pointing out the loss.

http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/dis ... 53d1429764 seems to confirm this

Total revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2017 was $1,735,493 compared to $2,459,496, a decline of $724,003,
...
Our net loss for the nine months ended September 30, 2017 increased by $91,979,407, or 1,005%, to $101,134,331 as compared to $9,154,924 for the nine months ended September 30, 2016.
...
We expect that through the next 12 months from the date of this filing, we will require external funding to sustain operations and to follow through on the execution of our business plan. There can be no assurance that our plans will materialize and/or that we will be successful in our efforts to obtain the funding to cover working capital shortfalls. Given these conditions, there is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern and our future is contingent upon our ability to secure the levels of debt or equity capital we need to meet our cash requirements. In addition, our ability to continue as a going concern must be considered in light of the problems, expenses and complications frequently encountered by entrants into established markets, the competitive environment in which we operate and the current capital raising environment.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

GRA
Posts: 7925
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 pm

cwerdna wrote:I hope this isn't a repeat as I just noticed this noticed this.

Notice something odd about CCGI's latest quarter (ending Sept 30, 2017) at https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CCGI/financials?p=CCGI? They had about $607K in revenue but over $93.6 million in loss? :shock:

I wonder if that's actually the end of their FY statement? Even so, you've got to wonder if someone moved a decimal place or two by accident.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Posts: 7489
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm

GRA wrote:
cwerdna wrote:I hope this isn't a repeat as I just noticed this noticed this.

Notice something odd about CCGI's latest quarter (ending Sept 30, 2017) at https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CCGI/financials?p=CCGI? They had about $607K in revenue but over $93.6 million in loss? :shock:

I wonder if that's actually the end of their FY statement? Even so, you've got to wonder if someone moved a decimal place or two by accident.

From quickly glancing thru http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/dis ... 53d1429764, it looks like the biggest "cost" or whatever was "Change in fair value of warrant liabilities". You can see that on page 4 of under For The Three Months Ended September 30, 2017.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

GRA
Posts: 7925
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:47 pm

cwerdna wrote:
GRA wrote:
cwerdna wrote:I hope this isn't a repeat as I just noticed this noticed this.

Notice something odd about CCGI's latest quarter (ending Sept 30, 2017) at https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CCGI/financials?p=CCGI? They had about $607K in revenue but over $93.6 million in loss? :shock:

I wonder if that's actually the end of their FY statement? Even so, you've got to wonder if someone moved a decimal place or two by accident.

From quickly glancing thru http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/dis ... 53d1429764, it looks like the biggest "cost" or whatever was "Change in fair value of warrant liabilities". You can see that on page 4 of under For The Three Months Ended September 30, 2017.

I'll take your word on it. Reading financial statements is not something i do for fun :lol:
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

cmwade77
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:04 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2017

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Honestly, Blink can't make money as their stations are always broken, so if no one can charge, they aren't getting paid. Really though, their cost is outrageously high.

GRA
Posts: 7925
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 pm

cmwade77 wrote:Honestly, Blink can't make money as their stations are always broken, so if no one can charge, they aren't getting paid. Really though, their cost is outrageously high.

My closest L2s (10 at one site) are usually working; the lone QC there is variable - some months back somebody broke the emergency shut-off button off, and CCGI has 'repaired' it several times just by splicing the wires together and leaving them exposed :shock: The L2 are underused (I've never seen more than 4 of the 10 occupied) because they're so expensive. The QC costs $0.10/kWh more, but is faster so gets more use, and even that's very limited. I'm amazed they've lasted this long, even after picking up the remnants of Ecotality for something like $0.04 on the dollar.
Last edited by GRA on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Return to “Blink”