cmwade77
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2017

Re: How is Car Charging Group / Blink doing in your area?

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:28 pm

GRA wrote:
cmwade77 wrote:Honestly, Blink can't make money as their stations are always broken, so if no one can charge, they aren't getting paid. Really though, their cost is outrageously high.

My closest L2s (10 at one site) are usually working; the lone QC there is variable - some months back somebody broke the emergency shut-off button off, and CCGI has 'repaired' it several times just by splicing the wires together and leaving them exposed :shock: The L2 are underused (I've never seen more than 4 of the 10 occupied) because they're so expensive. The QC costs $0.10/kWh more, but is faster so gets more use, and even that's very limited. I'm aamzed they've lasted this long, even after picking up the remnants of Ecotality for something like $0.04 on the dollar.

That "fix" isn't surprising and their costs are so substantially high that it is no wonder that they are rarely used, but I'm amazed that the L2 chargers are working, seriously.

GRA

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:49 pm

cmwade77 wrote:
GRA wrote:
cmwade77 wrote:Honestly, Blink can't make money as their stations are always broken, so if no one can charge, they aren't getting paid. Really though, their cost is outrageously high.

My closest L2s (10 at one site) are usually working; the lone QC there is variable - some months back somebody broke the emergency shut-off button off, and CCGI has 'repaired' it several times just by splicing the wires together and leaving them exposed :shock: <snip>

That "fix" isn't surprising and their costs are so substantially high that it is no wonder that they are rarely used, but I'm amazed that the L2 chargers are working, seriously.

Miracle of miracles, I walked by last night and they've finally replaced the Emergency Shut-off button. It's been missing for at least six months if not a year and the wires were spliced at least three times I know of, so maybe someone reported it to the city and they were forced to do it right.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

cmwade77
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2017

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:41 pm

GRA wrote:
cmwade77 wrote:
GRA wrote:My closest L2s (10 at one site) are usually working; the lone QC there is variable - some months back somebody broke the emergency shut-off button off, and CCGI has 'repaired' it several times just by splicing the wires together and leaving them exposed :shock: <snip>

Miracle of miracles, I walked by last night and they've finally replaced the Emergency Shut-off button. It's been missing for at least six months if not a year and the wires were spliced at least three times I know of, so maybe someone reported it to the city and they were forced to do it right.

Either that or they are watching this thread and realized that we are going to hold their feet to the fire, especially since they just got a large part of the contract for installing additional EVSEs as part of the settlement that VW made for the diesel mess up.

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:28 pm

If I was a client looking at installing an EV station I wouldn't even consider anything but Blink. Its a one time install expense, it'll be broken within a week and no one will ever give a shit. No one will ever use it and there will never be any follow up costs. Too easy. You can say that you have an EV station for the publicity and never worry about any EVer ever counting on it actually working. Every one wins.

Just sayin.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Return to “Blink”