Blink "Please plug in your vehicle"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairwoodRed

My residential Blink no longer recognizes my Leaf when I plug it in The display shows "please plug in your vehicle". My Leaf beeps like it normally does when I plug a J1772 into it. But no charging.

My EVSE Upgrade works flawlessly though. :)

I thought sure that these symptoms has been discussed here before, but for the life of me, I can not find it. Not by scanning posts. Not with search. Not on the wiki.

Can anyone point me to a discussion with similar symptoms?

I had that happen a few times last month. The first two times, I unplugged the Blink from the wall and plugged it back in and it was happy. Then next time I unplugged from the car and plugged it back in, and it seemed slow, but the Blink was able to catch up and recognize the plug in and start charging.

After I got the RAV, I immediately had problems charging. I discovered that the pilot signal wire in my cord was intermittent. Since I've changed the plug and cord, I've had no more problems, but I don't necessarily say those symptoms were related to the earlier ones. Try plugging in the Blink and gently flexing the cable, especially near the J1772 plug and see if it suddenly starts and stops working.

That seems reasonable. I also am thinking about performing a continuity test on each of the conductors (don't worry - i'll unplug it first). One other idea is that I'll unplug Hal and see if that's related. I doubt it, but it won't be hard to try.

As a last resort, I may ask Blink how much it would cost to have them fix it. :(

Back