Blink "Self Test Fault" message.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertDenizen

After three years with no Blink problems, now every time I plug in I get this message. I throw the circuit breaker and then turn it back on, go through the reconfigure process and try again getting the Self Test Fault message again. I repeat, and usually on the third try it works. My contacts with Blink/CarCharger have not led to any responses. Any ideas?

It's a fairly common problem. I would check out this thread.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3279&start=140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was able to fix my issue by turning my Blink into a dumb EVSE. There are a couple of other possible solutions that involve moving some components inside the EVSE to stop the faults from being triggered.

I've stumbled on a simpler solution to the dreaded self-test fault. If I simply touch the screen to wake up the unit before plugging it in, the self-test fault doesn't happen. It happened every time just plugging in for months, never since waking it up first.

Back