Blink chargers unreliable?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caffeinekid

There are two L2 Blink charging stations at a local shopping locale that we frequent. I called one of them in to Blink 3 weeks ago and it was taken out of service....and has been out of service since then. Today I went to charge at the other one and it was asking for a zip code confirmation, but the screen was non-responsive. I called in and they attempted a remote reboot to no avail. Now both are out of commission. What bothers me is the length of time the first one has been out. A day or two I can understand, but 3 weeks?!

Has anyone else noticed poor or no performance from Blink stations? Obviously this is something that is going to have to be hammered out PRONTO if they ever intend to start charging for the service.

Since the version 2.02 software upgrade, most have been completely reliable. Mine shows that the last reboot was about 4 months ago when it actually got the upgrade...

TomT said:
Since the version 2.02 software upgrade, most have been completely reliable. Mine shows that the last reboot was about 4 months ago when it actually got the upgrade...

+1! Since the software upgrade, not only has mine ever had any problem whatsoever, but every public L2 station has worked flawlessly, and I've used many of them. They're still trying to get the software upgrades to fix the QCs. You can charge with them so many times, then they have to be rebooted, and this has to be done on site by ECOtality.
LEAF drivers need to understand that a QC is new technology and it takes time to perfect. Slamming ECOtality (no need to mention names, they know who they are) and Blinks does absolutely no good and shows a huge disrespect for their efforts. Instead of complaining about the ones that don't work, drivers should be thankful/grateful for the ones that do, especially since all the Blinks are still free. Show some Gratitude people!

I didn't want to perpetuate the thread, but you mentioned something that I've been noticing as well: when Blinks go down (and they seem to all too often), it takes FOREVER for them to get fixed. Even when they tell you "that should be fixed in a few days", it never happens. Obviously that doesn't increase my desire to PAY for the service (whenever that happens).

Case in point: one of the two L2 stations in Twin Peaks here in Frisco, TX stopped working over a month ago and still not up. Guess which of the two spots gets ICEd more often ?

TonyWilliams said:
There is an entire Blink subforum... Enjoy.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=182350#p182350" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Geez. I did a forum search for 'Blink' and somehow completely missed that one. Wow. Thanks, but now I am beginning to wish I hadn't asked....

Back