Return Blink unit after selling Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBELEAF

Leaf was replaced with Volt, but I still have Blink which is actively used, so I wonder if I need to return it or I am ok to keep it?

I belief you will need to return it, and possibly pay for a portion of the install. let us know what happens, it will be good to know what the ramifications are for those of us on the fence with Nissan's response to hot climate range loss.

Just a guess on my part but I suspect, since you replaced one EV with another, you are probably fine... Frankly, I'd simply not say anything to Ecotality and let it be...

IBELEAF said:
Leaf was replaced with Volt, but I still have Blink which is actively used, so I wonder if I need to return it or I am ok to keep it?

TomT said:
Just a guess on my part but I suspect, since you replaced one EV with another, you are probably fine... Frankly, I'd simply not say anything to Ecotality and let it be...

IBELEAF said:

Notify Ecotality about your new car. They will allegedly match your CarWings to their data, and will see that it is not charging your (old) car.

You don't need to return the Blink if you are charging a new EV with it. Mine hasn't worked in sometime now, and I don't miss it while using my 100% dependable Panasonic / Nissan EVSE with 16amp upgrade.

IBELEAF said:
Since the Volt qualifies for the EV Project, there shouldn't be any reason why you can't keep your Blink. I couldn't find anything that says you need to notify them either...

Why are any of you telling this poor man to waste his time and contact ecotality? They could care less what he does with his unit.

TonyWilliams said:
Notify Ecotality about your new car. They will allegedly match your CarWings to their data, and will see that it is not charging your (old) car.

This is a joke right?

What's a joke? How to do think Ecotality generates those EV Project reports? Connecting EVSE usage with a specific vehicle generates more valuable data. The EVSE itself can only capture home charging behavior.

Doesnt seem anyone run into this. I don't want to contact them unless I am sure they won't take it away. I am still dependant on it and my usage hasn't changed.

grommet said:
What's a joke? How to do think Ecotality generates those EV Project reports? Connecting EVSE usage with a specific vehicle generates more valuable data. The EVSE itself can only capture home charging behavior.

Seriously? If the government could get any charging data from Nissan Carwings do you really think they would have paid Ecotality $100 million to do so?!

grommet said:
What's a joke? How to do think Actuality generates those EV Project reports? Connecting EVES usage with a specific vehicle generates more valuable data. The EVES itself can only capture home charging behavior.

Yes, and the EVSE does so more accurately than Carwings.
Most charging is at home, public chargers are likely to record data (kWh vs time of day and day of week at minimum) as well.

Changing and monitoring behavior so as to reduce load on electric utility lines, transformers and generation equipment seems very useful, longer term.

Tracking specific vehicles generates privacy concerns.

IBELEAF said:

Hi IBELEAF,
Since you’re in a vehicle that is qualified by The EV Project, you are still eligible to participant in the project and maintain your Blink EVSE. We would appreciate if you reached out to our Support Center so they can note your change in vehicle type. This is important because we track Leaf data and Volt data separately. Give us a call at 888.998.BLINK (2546) – Let us know if you have any other questions!

Back