Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
calverajarda said:
Hi,
i have a trouble red bars/shunting.
I have purchased Leaf (used) and all ok, after 100% charge shunts ok (all blue)
After my capacity loss cca 4Ah in 8 days i have all shunts red. I tried:
Cca 8x charge to 100% (whitout onboard timer) - mostly red
discharge to turlte then charge to 100% - still red
I am standart charging to 80% with onboard timer. Once per week to 100% with onboard timer
Voltage difference is ok (low) but all red.
Please make a new thread for this as it has nothing to do with LeafSpy. This thread is for questions about LeafSpy. Your question is about the Leaf's shunts.

Yeah, sorry about that but I thought I'd throw it out there...

My first response was something like 'just try it yourself' but that sounded snarky so I changed it. I have VW, Subaru and Nissan cars at home. I have a OBD reader especially for VW and it works flawlessly there but is hit/miss on the other cars. And vice versa. In brief, not all OBDII readers work on all makes the same and even the 2 different Nissan cars (2000 and 2017) are very different, so year and model may affect the functionality as well. So really, the only way to know is to try it.

goldbrick said:
Yeah, sorry about that but I thought I'd throw it out there...

My first response was something like 'just try it yourself' but that sounded snarky so I changed it. I have VW, Subaru and Nissan cars at home. I have a OBD reader especially for VW and it works flawlessly there but is hit/miss on the other cars. And vice versa. In brief, not all OBDII readers work on all makes the same and even the 2 different Nissan cars (2000 and 2017) are very different, so year and model may affect the functionality as well. So really, the only way to know is to try it.

I guess that's what I'll have to do. Just wanted to avoid the effort to learn/download another app and just use a familiar interface. This is not a car I have at home and I don't want to spend a lot of time trying apps while I'm looking at it. Thanks.

Started having issue where LEAF Spy does not automatically connect to dongle. I got the new one you recommended. To connect I have to go in and reselect the same option.

Don't know if this is the correct thread but it is about leaf spy pro.
I have version 0.45.119 en and WOW it shows TONS of very useful info. I did see where it doesn't read tire pressure yet, so that was answered, and the GID% shows infinity... both I know will be worked out.

My question is what is the update rate that can be expected? The fastest I have gotten so far is about 4 seconds per sample using a Bafx obd2 dongle, and a LElink dongle coming in at 6 seconds per sample.

Supposedly the LELink is "configurable", but the idiot sheet that came with the dongle has no instructions to change any parameters.
Also, is it normal to have the data stop about 60 seconds after turning off the ignition (and I use that term loosely)?
Thanks!

Pomonabill220 said:
Don't know if this is the correct thread but it is about leaf spy pro.
I have version 0.45.119 en and WOW it shows TONS of very useful info. I did see where it doesn't read tire pressure yet, so that was answered, and the GID% shows infinity... both I know will be worked out.

My question is what is the update rate that can be expected? The fastest I have gotten so far is about 4 seconds per sample using a Bafx obd2 dongle, and a LElink dongle coming in at 6 seconds per sample.

Supposedly the LELink is "configurable", but the idiot sheet that came with the dongle has no instructions to change any parameters.
Also, is it normal to have the data stop about 60 seconds after turning off the ignition (and I use that term loosely)?
Thanks!
You can fix the infinity Gids on a 2018 by going into Settings/Battery panel and pressing the "Restore Defaults" button.

As for the refresh speed, the new Custom Screen will get a new core code update that only reads the data you select for viewing. The fewer items and/or selecting items from a single ECU will speed up the refresh rate as only those items will be read from the Leaf.

I have not decided how I will handle logging on the Custom Screen.

I have the new core code working on my Android test version but it will most likely be released first on the iOS version.

Theoretically, if you only read one parameter that comes directly from the CAN bus on a 2011-2017 Leaf the rate could be as fast as 100 updates per second. Not sure I would actually update the screen that fast. For a 2018 Leaf the fastest might be around 10 updates per second for a single item. Direct reading from the CAN bus is not supported by Nissan starting with the 2018 Leaf.

0x00 said:
where is the (DC) charging speed logged in the CSV logfile? I could not find it

on non 2018 models; Both DC and AC charging speeds are listed in "OBC out" You can also approximate a KW value with Voltage * current.

on 2018 models; OBC out only works on AC. so the voltage* current option is the only way. This value "is" affected by any load in the car. IOW; turn on AC, you will see a lower value but if your only concern is how fast of a charge you are getting, this is what you want to look at anyway.

With either value, you will need to add a time calculation to determine kwh received.

Hi everyone,
I'm a writer for Cleantechnica, and I'm doing some research for an article about best practice when driving longer journeys in the 2018 Leaf.

I have a limited amount of data so far, and I would really love to get a good number of .CSV log files in order to improve my data. I'm especially interested in logs that include DC fast charging sessions, high speeds, extreme temperatures or any other anomalous conditions that will make the data more insightful. I have a couple of files so far and have familiarised myself with how to analyse the data.

If anyone would be happy to mail some .CSV files to me, that would be wonderful. I will be happy to give credit in the article to everyone who can help me out with this (by name, website, or whatever you prefer).

Any CSV logs can be sent to me using Max {dot} Holland {at} G mail {dot} com.

Thank you very much

Hi, I have a 2018 US Leaf N-conecta and am using LeafSpy Pro v 1.7.38 on iOS 11.3.1.
My LeafSpy dont find ecu on the airbag.Any ideas maybe because of the version of the software ?

Nofuel said:
Hi, I have a 2018 US Leaf N-conecta and am using LeafSpy Pro v 1.7.38 on iOS 11.3.1.
My LeafSpy dont find ecu on the airbag.Any ideas maybe because of the version of the software ?
Please enable an ELM trace (see bottom of help file for how to do it) then try reading the DTCs again. Send me the resulting TRC_xxxx.txt file.

WetEV said:
jlv said:
It seems like AHr (when fully charged) is a better indicator of the remaining battery capacity than SOH or Hx.

Ahr is no better. Go back a few posts and look at the screenshot I posted. Almost 38k miles, and "like new" Ahr.

Ahr is not unusually high. Like new would be closer to 67.36

Hello
I just bought leafspy pro
when I plug my adapter, I have a connection in bluetooth, car on
but here are my screenshots

can you help me

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042647.0.0.4e6836fabWUqpF&orderId=506336664474362&productId=32887281685

Back