iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spike said:
I didn't get a owners manual but this is an X model... with the big head unit, cruise control etc... Do make Leafs with out TPS? I thought that would be needed for other things? This car does have a collision detection feature that beeps at you if you about to hit something...
You could try lowering the pressure in one tire and see if you get a dash tire warning message. If you do then you must have TPMS if not then you don't.

HI,
I want to buy a 2018 Leaf, but the car will be parked directly outside of the bedroom window and I leave early in the morning, before the wide is awake...
During an extended test drive, I found that to remove the charging cable, I need to either press the button on the fob, or the one in the car, to release the locking pin from the cable. When I do this, the car emits three loud beeps, which woke my wife :(

Therefore the only way I'm allowed to buy the car, will be if I can disable the beeps -
I've read that Leaf Spy is able to disable the charge port opening beep, but need to confirm that this is the same beep and it can definitely be disabled on a 2018 Leaf.

Please can someone advise?

My other thought was to make the hole in the type 2 plug, a slot, and then just pull the cable out - but I'm not sure how the car would react to this - if anyone has ever done this, please let me know.

Thanks

Hi,
Not sure where to post this to be honest. Just purchased your application for iOS and I found no information concerning the following question:

As I've seen a lot other things like Wheel Angle data is available but is not included in the log file. Is it possible to configure somehow what gets logged into the log file?
Thank you.

serno said:
Hi,
Not sure where to post this to be honest. Just purchased your application for iOS and I found no information concerning the following question:

As I've seen a lot other things like Wheel Angle data is available but is not included in the log file. Is it possible to configure somehow what gets logged into the log file?
Thank you.
Not at this time.

For the new Custom Screen option I am looking at a new log that would only log the data being displayed. With the current log the more data logged the longer it takes to read all the data. This slows down the refresh rate so there is a longer time between log entries.

What is the reason you need to log the Steering Wheel angle? That function was put in to help a person who was moving the Leaf electronics into a different vehicle and was having trouble with the new vehicle's steering wheel turning more degrees than the Leaf and the Leaf sensor malfunctioning.

Turbo3 said:
serno said:
Hi,

Thank you.
Not at this time.

For the new Custom Screen option I am looking at a new log that would only log the data being displayed. With the current log the more data logged the longer it takes to read all the data. This slows down the refresh rate so there is a longer time between log entries.

What is the reason you need to log the Steering Wheel angle? That function was put in to help a person who was moving the Leaf electronics into a different vehicle and was having trouble with the new vehicle's steering wheel turning more degrees than the Leaf and the Leaf sensor malfunctioning.

Thank you for your answer. We are experimenting with autonomous vehicle functions on a Nissan Leaf and would have been nice to get the current wheel angle from the log files.

Hi! I bought this dongle which several people had recommended: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PJPHEBO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It worked fine when tested with LeafSpy Lite on Android, so I purchased Leaf Spy Pro for IOS. However, my iPad Pro (current model) refuses to pair with the dongle. Argh! Help!

Stuarr

Hi,

I have LeafSpy pro working, with both dropbox and the server REST option enabled. When the app is running, my server (PHP page) is getting the info in the url and I can see the SOC and SOH etc. Great stuff.

Unfortunately, when the app is running in the background on my phone, it stops working. I have location services enabled (selected Always) and have the GPS option and 'always keep gps active' enabled in the LeafSpy settings,.

I'm not sure what else I need to do to enable LeafSPy to work and post to my server page in the background? Or do I need to manually switch to the app first every time I start the car?

I have a OBDII wifi device that will not talk to the Leaf Spy app on my Iphone 4s (IOS 9.3.5).
I followed the help instructions, The phone finds the wifi connection . I changed the settings, static IP and addresses as listed. I then registered the ssid in the app but the app does not connect to the vehicle.

My neighbor has an android phone and it seems to be able to connect. Let me know what to do next.

Thanks,

Bruce

brucehe said:
I have a OBDII wifi device that will not talk to the Leaf Spy app on my Iphone 4s (IOS 9.3.5).
I followed the help instructions, The phone finds the wifi connection . I changed the settings, static IP and addresses as listed. I then registered the ssid in the app but the app does not connect to the vehicle.

My neighbor has an android phone and it seems to be able to connect. Let me know what to do next.

Thanks,

Bruce
There are three stages to connecting as indicated by the color of the status box in the bottom right corner. It also includes a step number.

When you say it does not connect what is the color of the status box and what state number(s) get displayed?

Is your neighbor using your OBDII device or just one by the same manufacturer?

You can also take an ELM trace and send it to me which will give me some information about the problem. See bottom of the Help for how to take and ELM trace.d

StuartAB said:
Hi! I bought this dongle which several people had recommended: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PJPHEBO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It worked fine when tested with LeafSpy Lite on Android, so I purchased Leaf Spy Pro for IOS. However, my iPad Pro (current model) refuses to pair with the dongle. Argh! Help!

Stuarr
Apple does not support standard Bluetooth. You need a Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter that LeafSpy supports.

I recommend and use the LELink from Amazon.

happyfunball said:
Hi,

I have LeafSpy pro working, with both dropbox and the server REST option enabled. When the app is running, my server (PHP page) is getting the info in the url and I can see the SOC and SOH etc. Great stuff.

Unfortunately, when the app is running in the background on my phone, it stops working. I have location services enabled (selected Always) and have the GPS option and 'always keep gps active' enabled in the LeafSpy settings,.

I'm not sure what else I need to do to enable LeafSPy to work and post to my server page in the background? Or do I need to manually switch to the app first every time I start the car?
The server code is currently running in the foreground area so stops when LeafSpy is not displayed.

I will be looking at moving that code into the background area that communicates with the Leaf.

Turbo3 said:
brucehe said:

Thanks,

Bruce
There are three stages to connecting as indicated by the color of the status box in the bottom right corner. It also includes a step number.

When you say it does not connect what is the color of the status box and what state number(s) get displayed?

You can also take an ELM trace and send it to me which will give me some information about the problem. See bottom of the Help for how to take and ELM trace.d

It seems to work!! Yeah, just unplugged the adapter and the app connects. Now however I need to understand what I am looking at.

Shows 72% SOC the dash display shows 11 bars however the battery pack info on Leaf Spy says 12.1 KWH and 156 GIDS. I guess this pack is not in the condition i had hoped shown by the bar graph on the dashboard.

It is a 2013 with 38K miles. Does that mean i have 77% of the original battery capacity?

156*1/(72.1/100)/281= 77.6%

Thanks, Bruce

Does the Leaf Spy auto-off function work with the recommended LE link 2 in a 2019 Leaf? I had no problem connecting and the program works fine, but the red LED never goes off. I contacted the seller and apparently it draws 30 mA under those conditions, so it would take a while to drain the battery, but it would be better to shut it down. I can turn it off with Engine.link, but then to get it on again I have to unplug it and short 2 of the pins, which is inconvenient.

JonathanT said:
Does the Leaf Spy auto-off function work with the recommended LE link 2 in a 2019 Leaf? I had no problem connecting and the program works fine, but the red LED never goes off. I contacted the seller and apparently it draws 30 mA under those conditions, so it would take a while to drain the battery, but it would be better to shut it down. I can turn it off with Engine.link, but then to get it on again I have to unplug it and short 2 of the pins, which is inconvenient.
The LELink 2 does not support zero power mode starting with the 2018 Leaf.

If zero power mode was enabled on a 2019 Leaf the LELink2 would never wake up again after going into zero power mode.

For this reason LeafSpy, which had defaulted to enabling LELInk2 zero power mode, has now disabled that function.

brucehe said:
Turbo3 said:
brucehe said:

Thanks,

Bruce

It seems to work!! Yeah, just unplugged the adapter and the app connects. Now however I need to understand what I am looking at.

Shows 72% SOC the dash display shows 11 bars however the battery pack info on Leaf Spy says 12.1 KWH and 156 GIDS. I guess this pack is not in the condition i had hoped shown by the bar graph on the dashboard.

It is a 2013 with 38K miles. Does that mean i have 77% of the original battery capacity?

156*1/(72.1/100)/281= 77.6%

Thanks, Bruce
SOC has nothing to do with the health of the battery. SOC is just how full the battery is. A new battery with an SOC of 72% holds much more energy than on old battery at an SOC of 72%.

Perhaps you mean SOH which is the State of Health. What is your SOH value?

Turbo3 said:
JonathanT said:
The LELink 2 does not support zero power mode starting with the 2018 Leaf.

If zero power mode was enabled on a 2019 Leaf the LELink2 would never wake up again after going into zero power mode.

For this reason LeafSpy, which had defaulted to enabling LELInk2 zero power mode, has now disabled that function.

Thanks, Turbo3. I'll get an extension cable and unplug the LElink 2 when I need to.

I find Leaf Spy even more useful on Leaf 2.0 because unlike with Leaf 1.0 the readings are very stable day-to-day, with a minuscule decline most days. They must have done something with the BMS to achieve this.

The Apple App Store redirects here, so I guess I’ll give this a shot.

I purchased an OBDII adapter online and got LeafSpy Pro for iPhone. When my adapter arrived, it turned out it’s only compatible with Android devices. I would like to request a refund and buy the Android version for my tablet, but Apple doesn’t give an option to refund and says to contact the developer. Any help would be appreciated.

Just wondering if you had any plans on supporting Apple CarPlay?

LeafSpy works great on my iPhone XS with the LELink ^2 adaptor in my 2018 Leaf Tekna (UK).

I have found it very useful. I did some investigations last year as I was puzzled by the difference between the displayed SoC and LeafSpy.

I posted my findings here:

https://www.speakev.com/threads/how-much-battery-do-we-really-have-available-to-us.123377/

Back