cwerdna
Gold Member
Posts: 7200
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Understanding Leafspy data

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:16 pm

inphoenix wrote:I did try to look up the links you posted. It seems the screenshots provided are older and the software has been updated. I just need to understand what the difference in AHr , SOH, V and Hx numbers means?

How about the help in the app? That's more up to date. For me, it's accessible via the 3 dots menu in the lower right > About & Help > Application Help.

You can also email the author for a copy of the manual.

Nissan hasn't documented any of the stuff on the CAN bus, its accuracy or lack of and under what conditions the values can be trusted or how they should be interpreted, if at all. Leaf Spy is just outputting to the screen what the author knows about. How to interpret them is just educated guesswork, at best, based upon reports from many people and the author's own observations, unless Nissan has publicly or privately given some guidance to the author or others about these values.

V is an easy one. That's voltage. The voltage in the hundreds is the total pack voltage. See https://evseupgrade.com/?main_page=faq_info&faqs_id=26 for some basics. http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Battery_specs has some info on pack and cell specs.

There have been plenty of threads to discuss data/how to interpret them. Not sure why you needed to start a new thread. viewtopic.php?p=456462#p456462 was an answer re: Hx.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Catflyer
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:15 pm
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Weird, I have found another 2013 Leaf at a different dealer that is showing SOH=100% on LeafSpy Pro. This one was manufacturered Jan 2013 and only has 4800 mile (7800km) on the clock. Showing the following Battery Status:

AHr=66.47
SOH=100%
Hx=102.01%
3 QCs & 235 L1/L2s
min/avg/max=4.087, 4.097, 4.105 (18mv)
Temp C=11.0, 11.1, 11.2 (F=51.8, 52.0, 52.2)

It has very low mileage but I would have thought that it still would not be showing SOH of 100%? Anyone else seeing this happening or have an idea on what is going on? I would consider the NZ dealer in this case to be very reputable, as opposed to the dealer in my earlier post who definitely has a dodgy reputation.
Last edited by Catflyer on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimLee
Posts: 2810
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:34 pm

^^^^
With that low of mileage and in service time it is most likely that someone used Consult III and either fraudulently or inadvertantly cleared the long term capacity information.

That is only supposed to be done after a new pack is installed.
My new warranty replacement pack #s are about the same.

But an old packs #s will do the same for a period of time.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

Catflyer
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:15 pm
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:54 pm

TimLee wrote:^^^^
With that low of mileage and in service time it is most likely that someone used Consult III and either fraudulently or inadvertantly cleared the long term capacity information.

That is only supposed to be done after a new pack is installed.
My new warranty replacement pack #s are about the same.

But an old packs #s will do the same for a period of time.


Thanks Tim, that is my thoughts as well, unfortunately. Annoying as it is a nice looking car with almost all the features we are looking for. There must be something dodgy going on with some of the Japanese dealers / auction houses.

User avatar
drees
Moderator
Posts: 6204
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:02 am

Catflyer wrote:It has very low mileage but I would have thought that it still would not be showing SOH of 100%?

Well, it usually doesn't take much driving to get the Hx value to drop if the BMC was reset. A few test drives should be enough to bring it down.
'11 LEAF SL Powered By 3.24 kW Enphase Solar PV

Catflyer
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:15 pm
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:59 pm

drees wrote:
Catflyer wrote:It has very low mileage but I would have thought that it still would not be showing SOH of 100%?

Well, it usually doesn't take much driving to get the Hx value to drop if the BMC was reset. A few test drives should be enough to bring it down.

Are you talking about Hx or SOH or both? I tend to look mainly at SOH since Hx seems to be a lesser know value. The dealers are not that keen on letting you take the same car for for than one test drive - in fact, taking two different Leaf's for a test drive from the same dealer's lot has resulted in the a couple of dealers asking why I would want to do that as they all drive the same! The response is, of course, I would never buy a car without doing a test drive on it!

As I said above, this is the second 2013 Leaf that I have found with SOH=100%. Two different dealers, both Japanese Imports. Weird.

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:08 am

Cat flyer,

The low-mileage 2013 LEAF you looked at might be displaying battery parameters correctly. I just looked back through my records and see that my 2015 had the following readings at 7053 miles on 05/30/2015: AHr=64.38 (64.38), SOH=100% (100%), Hx=102.51% (101.25%), QC=6 (1), and L1/L2=140 (4). The readings at 9689 miles on 07/18/2015: AHr=62.63, SOH=100%, Hx=97.34%, QC=6, and L1/L2=185. My data shows that SOH stayed at 100% for some time after AHr and Hx started to drop. Numbers in parentheses are initial readings I took at 9 miles on 02/07/2015. My charge counts are lower than average because I rarely get extra L1/L2 charge counts from climate control and charge timer use.

I would expect the parameters on the 2013 you were looking at to drop some once it is driven and charged routinely and deeply discharged once in a while because some degradation due to time has probably happened while sitting. It is likely as good as you will find for a 2013. Good luck in your search for a LEAF.

Gerry
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

mxp
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:32 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Fremont, CA

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:29 am

Its getting close to losing 4th Bar. Ahr is now 43.45
Missed the Warranty period back on July 7, 2016. Its now Oct 6, 2016.
Last battery report done at Nissan dealer on July 15, 2016.

Updated 10/6/2016:

2011 Silver Leaf (all updates applied, QC=58, L1/L2=1602), 54,516 miles
06/28/13: AHr=58.84 CAP=88.81%. Hlth= n/a
10/25/13: AHr=57.87 CAP=87.87%. Hlth=85.33%
03/10/14: AHr=56.05 CAP=81.61%. Hlth=81.75% (lost 12th bar sometime in Mar, 2014)
05/18/14: AHr=55.10 CAP=83.16%. Hlth=79.88%
08/19/14: AHr=52.95 CAP=79.91%. Hlth=63.69% (SOC is 90.1%, 214 GIDs 76.2%)
10/14/14: AHr=51.97 CAP=78.45%. Hlth=61.36%
12/04/14: AHr=51.57 CAP=77.83%. Hlth=60.37% (lost 11th bar on 12/03/14)
02/16/15: AHr=50.64 CAP=76.44%. Hlth=58.21%
07/25/15: AHr=49.21 CAP=74.28%. Hlth=54.85%
10/26/15: AHr=47.61 CAP=71.85%. Hlth=51.98%, GIDS=202 (lost the 10th bar sometime in Oct/Nov 2015)
03/24/16: AHr=46.20 CAP=69.73%. Hlth=49.68%, GIDS=196
04/12/16: AHr=46.00 CAP=69.43%. Hlth=49.34%, GIDS=196
05/11/16: AHr=45.54 CAP=68.73%. Hlth=48.59%, GIDS=181
10/6/16: AHr=43.45 CAP=65.58%. Hlth=45.17%, GIDS=182

Date of Manufacture: 05/11, took delivery 1st week of July, 2011.

mxp
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:32 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Fremont, CA

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:07 am

Data for our Blue Leaf: Updated 10/8/2016.

2011 Blue Leaf (all updates applied, QC=31, L1/L2=2115), 57,492 miles
09/23/13: AHr=57.03 CAP=86.07%. Hlth=83.67%
05/11/14: AHr=55.10 CAP=79.89%. Hlth=85.33% (lost 12th bar sometime in Mar, 2014)
10/13/14: AHr=51.61 CAP=77.89%. Hlth=60.45% (lost 11th bar on 10/13/14)
02/16/15: AHr=50.70 CAP=76.60%. Hlth=58.47%
07/25/15: AHr=49.17 CAP=74.22%. Hlth=54.76%
10/26/15: AHr=47.55 CAP=71.76%. Hlth=51.88%, GIDS=191 (lost 10th bar on 10/26/15)
03/28/16: AHr=45.97 CAP=69.38%. Hlth=49.29%, GIDS=197
04/12/16: AHr=45.96 CAP=69.37%. Hlth=49.28%, GIDS=195
05/03/16: AHr=45.76 CAP=69.06%. Hlth=48.94%, GIDS=180
10/8/16: AHr=43.54 CAP=65.71%. Hlth=45.31%, GIDS=181


Date of Manufacture: 05/11, took delivery 1st week of July, 2011.

mxp wrote:Its getting close to losing 4th Bar. Ahr is now 43.45
Missed the Warranty period back on July 7, 2016. Its now Oct 6, 2016.
Last battery report done at Nissan dealer on July 15, 2016.

Updated 10/6/2016:

2011 Silver Leaf (all updates applied, QC=58, L1/L2=1602), 54,516 miles
06/28/13: AHr=58.84 CAP=88.81%. Hlth= n/a
10/25/13: AHr=57.87 CAP=87.87%. Hlth=85.33%
03/10/14: AHr=56.05 CAP=81.61%. Hlth=81.75% (lost 12th bar sometime in Mar, 2014)
05/18/14: AHr=55.10 CAP=83.16%. Hlth=79.88%
08/19/14: AHr=52.95 CAP=79.91%. Hlth=63.69% (SOC is 90.1%, 214 GIDs 76.2%)
10/14/14: AHr=51.97 CAP=78.45%. Hlth=61.36%
12/04/14: AHr=51.57 CAP=77.83%. Hlth=60.37% (lost 11th bar on 12/03/14)
02/16/15: AHr=50.64 CAP=76.44%. Hlth=58.21%
07/25/15: AHr=49.21 CAP=74.28%. Hlth=54.85%
10/26/15: AHr=47.61 CAP=71.85%. Hlth=51.98%, GIDS=202 (lost the 10th bar sometime in Oct/Nov 2015)
03/24/16: AHr=46.20 CAP=69.73%. Hlth=49.68%, GIDS=196
04/12/16: AHr=46.00 CAP=69.43%. Hlth=49.34%, GIDS=196
05/11/16: AHr=45.54 CAP=68.73%. Hlth=48.59%, GIDS=181
10/6/16: AHr=43.45 CAP=65.58%. Hlth=45.17%, GIDS=182

Date of Manufacture: 05/11, took delivery 1st week of July, 2011.

mxp
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:32 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Fremont, CA

Re: Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:08 am

Updated 10/12/2016: 4th Bar lost 10/11/2016

2011 Silver Leaf (all updates applied, QC=58, L1/L2=1602), 54,516 miles
06/28/13: AHr=58.84 CAP=88.81%. Hlth= n/a
10/25/13: AHr=57.87 CAP=87.87%. Hlth=85.33%
03/10/14: AHr=56.05 CAP=81.61%. Hlth=81.75% (lost 12th bar sometime in Mar, 2014)
05/18/14: AHr=55.10 CAP=83.16%. Hlth=79.88%
08/19/14: AHr=52.95 CAP=79.91%. Hlth=63.69% (SOC is 90.1%, 214 GIDs 76.2%)
10/14/14: AHr=51.97 CAP=78.45%. Hlth=61.36%
12/04/14: AHr=51.57 CAP=77.83%. Hlth=60.37% (lost 11th bar on 12/03/14)
02/16/15: AHr=50.64 CAP=76.44%. Hlth=58.21%
07/25/15: AHr=49.21 CAP=74.28%. Hlth=54.85%
10/26/15: AHr=47.61 CAP=71.85%. Hlth=51.98%, GIDS=202 (lost the 10th bar sometime in Oct/Nov 2015)
03/24/16: AHr=46.20 CAP=69.73%. Hlth=49.68%, GIDS=196
04/12/16: AHr=46.00 CAP=69.43%. Hlth=49.34%, GIDS=196
05/11/16: AHr=45.54 CAP=68.73%. Hlth=48.59%, GIDS=181
10/6/16: AHr=43.45 CAP=65.58%. Hlth=45.17%, GIDS=182
10/12/16: AHr=43.43 CAP=65.54%. Hlth=45.13%, GIDS=185 (lost the 9th bar 10/11/2016 ) <--- 4th Bar lost yesterday. Missed warranty period by 3.5 months.

Date of Manufacture: 05/11, took delivery 1st week of July, 2011.



Data for our Blue Leaf: Updated 10/12/2016. As of today, our Blue Leaf have not lost the 4th bar just yet.

2011 Blue Leaf (all updates applied, QC=31, L1/L2=2115), 57,492 miles
09/23/13: AHr=57.03 CAP=86.07%. Hlth=83.67%
05/11/14: AHr=55.10 CAP=79.89%. Hlth=85.33% (lost 12th bar sometime in Mar, 2014)
10/13/14: AHr=51.61 CAP=77.89%. Hlth=60.45% (lost 11th bar on 10/13/14)
02/16/15: AHr=50.70 CAP=76.60%. Hlth=58.47%
07/25/15: AHr=49.17 CAP=74.22%. Hlth=54.76%
10/26/15: AHr=47.55 CAP=71.76%. Hlth=51.88%, GIDS=191 (lost 10th bar on 10/26/15)
03/28/16: AHr=45.97 CAP=69.38%. Hlth=49.29%, GIDS=197
04/12/16: AHr=45.96 CAP=69.37%. Hlth=49.28%, GIDS=195
05/03/16: AHr=45.76 CAP=69.06%. Hlth=48.94%, GIDS=180
10/8/16: AHr=43.54 CAP=65.71%. Hlth=45.31%, GIDS=181
10/12/16: AHr=43.49 CAP=65.63%. Hlth=45.22%, GIDS=188

Date of Manufacture: 05/11, took delivery 1st week of July, 2011.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”