padraigdc
Delivery Date: 05 Sep 2018

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:15 am

Hope this hasn't been answered elsewhere but thread is so long I skipped through it.

I have an image that would help me explain my query but cannot seem to attach one

Here goes,

Settings Screen
Trip Distance = 25 Km
Range - Wh/km
%SOC reserved = 25 (I interpreted this to be the target SOC remaining when the distance indicated in the distance box reads 0.0km-> 25%).

Summary Screen : 16.4% SOC
Yet, Trip box is showing 4.3Km ->25% even though I am already below 25% with usage set at T@226Wh/Km.

Forgive me for being obtuse but nearly caught myself out by focussing on 4.3km -> 25%.
when I actually only had 16.4% SOC.

Can you help me out of my confused fog ?

bjn
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2015

Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:24 am

Could owners of Leaf Spy or Leaf Spy Pro on Android check if you also get a crash when choosing the BMS year model option as described here in the Leaf Spy Lite thread:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14284&p=549831#p549726

virol
Delivery Date: 17 Sep 2018
Leaf Number: 2018

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:00 am

@turbo3

Will the custom screen with possibillity to make gauges with parameter readout at higher speed be ported to Leafspypro in Android version?

Thx

crunchy3d
Delivery Date: 20 Sep 2018

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:24 pm

I have a question regarding Log files. In log files I can't find motor speed (RPM) measurements. In columns EZ and FA (in Excel) there are "Speed1" and "Speed2" variables, but the measurements are always 0. On the other hand, LeafSpy custom screen supports "Motor RPM" (variable no. 61), which, indeed, works.
Is column E in Log file (Speed) in fact scaled motor speed? Since @Turbo3 did not answer to my previous questions on this forum, I hope that there is some other member on this forum who is willing to share his/her experience.

virol

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:30 am

crunchy3d wrote:I have a question regarding Log files. In log files I can't find motor speed (RPM) measurements. In columns EZ and FA (in Excel) there are "Speed1" and "Speed2" variables, but the measurements are always 0. On the other hand, LeafSpy custom screen supports "Motor RPM" (variable no. 61), which, indeed, works.
Is column E in Log file (Speed) in fact scaled motor speed? Since @Turbo3 did not answer to my previous questions on this forum, I hope that there is some other member on this forum who is willing to share his/her experience.

I think that column E is the measured speed from GPS system, in fact the real speed.....

regards

crunchy3d

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:38 am

Yes, you are right. So, if I understood it correctly, there is no equivalent of "Motor RPM" variable in LeafSpy Logs? If I am not mistaken, this is not the only variable which is missing in Log files. Does anyone know how to contact Turbo3 to kindly ask him if there are any chances to add it to the log file?

By the way, does anyone know if there is any possibility to log some reduced set of variables to log file in order to increase sampling rate?

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:33 am

There are several parameters lost by LEAF Spy on 40 kwh packs that previous LEAFs had.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crunchy3d

Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:30 am

DaveinOlyWA wrote:There are several parameters lost by LEAF Spy on 40 kwh packs that previous LEAFs had.

Yes, the tire pressure, for example. However, RPM is displayed on custom screen if selected, while it does not exist in Log file. As far as I remember this is not the only variable which can be displayed on custom screens, but which is not saved in log file. I suppose it can be easily added to log file.
The reason why I am asking it is that I would like to improve the program for calculating and plotting some of Leaf parameters (freeware, of course), based on Octave environment:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27850

Unfortunately, Turbo3 did not respond to any of my questions yet. :( I only don't know whether it is on purpose or he just does not care.

I've made similar program for Hyundai Kona (via Torque Pro) and there I can get very interesting graphs and calculations by using some "intelligent" algorithms. It would be great to implement similar algorithms also for Leaf, but without the help of Turbo3 I cannot do much.

virol

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:12 am

crunchy3d wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:There are several parameters lost by LEAF Spy on 40 kwh packs that previous LEAFs had.

Yes, the tire pressure, for example. However, RPM is displayed on custom screen if selected, while it does not exist in Log file. As far as I remember this is not the only variable which can be displayed on custom screens, but which is not saved in log file. I suppose it can be easily added to log file.
The reason why I am asking it is that I would like to improve the program for calculating and plotting some of Leaf parameters (freeware, of course), based on Octave environment:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27850

Unfortunately, Turbo3 did not respond to any of my questions yet. :( I only don't know whether it is on purpose or he just does not care.

I've made similar program for Hyundai Kona (via Torque Pro) and there I can get very interesting graphs and calculations by using some "intelligent" algorithms. It would be great to implement similar algorithms also for Leaf, but without the help of Turbo3 I cannot do much.

I agree, without the help of Turbo3 there is no possibillity to add parameters to the log files.....

@Turbo3: Is leaf spy pro development stopped for ever ? When it is a matter of google play new policy to accept the " can make phonecalls" when installing the Android version of leaf spy pro, I have no problem to accept this rule.

regards

crunchy3d

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:23 am

virol wrote:@Turbo3: Is leaf spy pro development stopped for ever ? When it is a matter of google play new policy to accept the " can make phonecalls" when installing the Android version of leaf spy pro, I have no problem to accept this rule.

I am sure that almost everyone would agree and rather have updated app with added "phonecalls". Moreover, I suppose that it's not so hard to block updating this particular app in Android for those who are against the mentioned policy.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”