Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo3

Leaf Supporting Member
Questions & Answers

Review Leaf Spy Lite Q&A first to see if your question is answered there.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14284&p=324773#p324773

Q1 - Why after installing the app do I not see any tire pressure readings.
A1 - Assuming your Leaf is equipped with the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) you need to drive about 500 feet before the TPMS in each tire wakes up and reports a pressure.

Q2 - My Samsung (or other Android device) does not have a Menu key. How do I access the Settings menu.
A2 - Hold down the Recent apps key (Left key on the Samsung S5) and this will bring up the Menu list which includes OBDII adapter selection, Settings, About and Exit choices.

Issues

* 9/18/13 - The wrong color for yellow is used which is too light on a white background. To get the correct default go to Settings/Screen and do a long press on the "Reset Temperature Colors" button.

Version 0.28.11 Feature (11/8/2013)
* Independent selection of Temperature Units (C/F) from Speed/Distance

Version 0.28.10 features/fixes. (10/14/2013)
* Batlog file extension changed to ".csv" for easy import to excel.
* Batlog entries are only made after one complete cycle of data has been collected. (fix 0 Gids problem)
* In Batlog file, commas in Lat/Log will be replaced with decimal point
* Speed/Elevation on screen 4 now supports Metric format (KmH/m)
* For Pro version, first option in door lock/unlock menu has been retitled to reflect true function of controlling number of door handle or key fob presses to unlock all doors. Default is two but it can be changed to one with this option.

Next version features and fixes for beta testing (v0.28.9)

* Auto switching to Port 16 if Port 1 is found to be used by Bluetooth Hands-Free device
* Screen 1 portrait mode QC & L1/L2 counts now have labels
* If connection to Leaf is interrupted for more than 30 seconds app will disable keeping the screen active. When you leave your Leaf the app will no longer try to keep the screen active. After 30 seconds your normal display timeout settings will take affect and turn the screen off after your selected timeout. This is all conditional on having the "Stay Awake" checkbox checked.

davewill said:
YeeHaw!!! I downloaded and purchased the Pro version. Congrats Turbo3! I predict great success with this.
+1
I tried to add a review, but you must be setup in google+ to do that. We need it to get some great reviews.

A feature I would like to see would be a display of realtime miles / KWH. Maybe averaged over a short distance 3 miles??

If you use the Odometer for distance, since it can be off
by 1km at the start and end readings, unless you can read
it often enough to catch it shortly after it ticks up one km,
does not give you a good mileage base for the mi/kWh
calculation even at 5 or 10 miles - not frequent enough
to give anything but long-term averages.

You might have to find the equivalent of a wheel-revolution
counter, which has to exist in there somewhere, or the
car could not maintain an accurate odometer.

Congratulations on going to "the Store", and very good
to have a lite/test version. More of your usual good work.

Cheers, Gary

Is vehicle speed available ?

Maybe some averaging method of ( speed * time / KwH ) over a time interval or distance interval ??

OK So I have LEAF Spy Pro on my 'real phone' and it works fine with the OBDII adapter it is paired with.

My old Droid phone does not have service and has Cyanagenmod on it without any Play Store. This is the phone I have dedicated for use with the LEAF Battery App, and its been doing well for many months.

Anyway to download/xfer/sideload the purchased pro version to my dedicated LEAF Battery App Phone? Don't see a way to download from the play store on the web.

You don't need the phone to have service just a wifi connection to the web. But the part about not having Play Store. That is going to be a problem. Can't you find an apk that would add Play Store to the phone.

Without Play Store you won't get the automatic updates.

I think the best thing to do is to search the web for a Play Store apk. Perhaps someone else here can help out.

Cyanogenmod users should install the appropriate version of Gapps to get Play Store access: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gapps must be flashed from the bootloader recovery/installer screen, there's no APK for it - but it's the same process as when you install Cyanogenmod from the bootloader.

Devin said:
Cyanogenmod users should install the appropriate version of Gapps to get Play Store access: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gapps must be flashed from the bootloader recovery/installer screen, there's no APK for it - but it's the same process as when you install Cyanogenmod from the bootloader.

Thanks devin. I'll have to give it a go. With cm7 there is a single version for all device types which should make the process less error prone.

JPWhite said:
Thanks devin. I'll have to give it a go. With cm7 there is a single version for all device types which should make the process less error prone.

Yep, since CM7 all devices running Cyanogenmod use the same copy of Gapps. It makes things nice and simple and once you've got Gapps installed everything is updated through the Play Store so it's a set-it-and-forget-it sort of thing.

Is there any way to allow the screen to turn off if it's not connected, but turn on and stay on when connected?

"Stay awake" option seems to keep the screen awake even if it's not connected.

Back