VitaminJ
Delivery Date: 07 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 415775

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:29 am

Leafpack wrote:I purchased the Konnwei KW902 as recommended by Leaf Spy, After plugging it in my 2012 Leaf went haywire and the display in the leaf showed multiple errors. I could not even power off the leaf. After unplugging I was able to turn the leaf off and it still showed multiple errors but was now able to power off the leaf. Has anyone else experienced this issue? After multiple power cycles to the Leaf, I have now gotten rid of the errors.
Why would this device cause such issues? Is this a fake device or does my leaf have other issues?
Any help would be appreciated.

Most likely the draw of the KW902 pulled your 12v battery down lower than it wanted to be and you got the Christmas tree dash lights. Change your lead-acid 12v battery. Make sure not to leave the KW902 plugged in unattended. You can probably use the KW902 without replacing your lead-acid battery but make sure you have the car fully powered on and ready to drive first.
2013 Ocean Blue SV w/ QC and LED

PM me about converting your 120v EVSE to 240v

Zapped
Leaf Number: 009458

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi everyone. Although I joined this forum in the summer of 2014, this is my first post. I'll write up a proper intro in the Introductions section soon, but in the meantime I had a question about the display I see using Leaf Spy Lite on a Moto G4 running Android OS 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

I'd like to upgrade to Leaf Spy Pro but the main display ("Bat Stats") showing all 96 cells descends below the x-axis to obscure information about the battery voltages and temperature (I think) -

The "Voltage Histogram" page, on the other hand, looks fine -

Is this a problem with the app only on my phone? I didn't want to pay for the upgrade and still have this issue.

Another simple question, and I apologize if it's been asked to death in the 150+ pages of this thread, but is there an up-to-date FAQ or user manual somewhere? I can guess simple things like 13.04V 2.09A indicates the voltage and current draw on the 12v battery, and I do know what SoC means, but a manual would still be a good thing.

Thanks in advance,
- Jim from Austin, TX

cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Zapped wrote:is there an up-to-date FAQ or user manual somewhere?

Yes, there is a manual in the app itself.

For me, go to the 3 vertical dot menu > About & Help > Application Help. At the top, it also contains instructions on how to receive a PDF of it.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

ctrama
Delivery Date: 06 Mar 2017

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 pm

Hello,

I have been using a KONNWEI OBDING tool. I scanned a Nissan Leaf and I could get the information to an excel sheet.
I was able to figure out the voltages of the 96 paired cells.

I need to know how can we physically identify the particular paired cell and battery pack 1,2 & 3?

For Example: How can we find out the exact location of the CP10? In which battery pack is it located?

Thank you!

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:38 am

ctrama wrote:Hello,

I have been using a KONNWEI OBDING tool. I scanned a Nissan Leaf and I could get the information to an excel sheet.
I was able to figure out the voltages of the 96 paired cells.

I need to know how can we physically identify the particular paired cell and battery pack 1,2 & 3?

For Example: How can we find out the exact location of the CP10? In which battery pack is it located?

Thank you!

I think the cell-pair numbering matches the module locations shown in the service manual. Example: Cell pairs 1and 2 would be in module 1; cell pairs 3 and 4 would be in module 2; ... and cell pairs 95 and 96 would be in module 48.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

myleafff
Delivery Date: 09 Jan 2013

Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Hopefully this is OK but I wanted to post in here and let everyone know that the BAFX OBDii bluetooth dongle works perfectly with Pro. https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-34 ... words=bafx

I was unsure if it was going to work or not because on the app it said it only recommended the konnwei. Low and behold the bafx works perfectly.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Zapped wrote:Hi everyone. Although I joined this forum in the summer of 2014, this is my first post. I'll write up a proper intro in the Introductions section soon, but in the meantime I had a question about the display I see using Leaf Spy Lite on a Moto G4 running Android OS 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

I'd like to upgrade to Leaf Spy Pro but the main display ("Bat Stats") showing all 96 cells descends below the x-axis to obscure information about the battery voltages and temperature (I think) -

The "Voltage Histogram" page, on the other hand, looks fine -

Is this a problem with the app only on my phone? I didn't want to pay for the upgrade and still have this issue.

Another simple question, and I apologize if it's been asked to death in the 150+ pages of this thread, but is there an up-to-date FAQ or user manual somewhere? I can guess simple things like 13.04V 2.09A indicates the voltage and current draw on the 12v battery, and I do know what SoC means, but a manual would still be a good thing.

Thanks in advance,

That graphic issue is only on the Lite version which will be corrected on the next release.

There is a built-in manual accessible from the About screen. You can also request an easier to read PDF version be email to you. In fact the next release is being gated by the update to the help file. Updating the documentation seems to take more work than writing the code. I should have the help updated this week as it is my highest priority item right now.

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:09 am

cwerdna wrote:
Zapped wrote:is there an up-to-date FAQ or user manual somewhere?

Yes, there is a manual in the app itself.

For me, go to the 3 vertical dot menu > About & Help > Application Help. At the top, it also contains instructions on how to receive a PDF of it.

Considering the demand for it, maybe it should be put into the files menu here... We have that, right?...
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30; 13001 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 102ish% kwh 28.1 QCs 112
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IIama
Delivery Date: 16 Dec 2015

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:18 pm

TimLee wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:No Android version of LeafSpy currently supports Bluetooth 4.x LE and the LELink.

However, I just released for testing in May the Android version of TM-Spy (used with Tesla Model S) with Bluetooth 4.x LE support. If that goes well I will update the Android versions of LeafSpy with the Bluetooth 4.x LE code.

How is TM-Spy testing going?

Any estimate on when Bluetooth 4.x LE code will be added to LEAF Spy and LEAF Spy Pro?

Has there been any update in regards to BTLE support?

I have a LeLink I purchased just for use with this app, but I'm wondering if I should give up on the BTLE idea.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:57 pm

IIama wrote:
TimLee wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:No Android version of LeafSpy currently supports Bluetooth 4.x LE and the LELink.

However, I just released for testing in May the Android version of TM-Spy (used with Tesla Model S) with Bluetooth 4.x LE support. If that goes well I will update the Android versions of LeafSpy with the Bluetooth 4.x LE code.

How is TM-Spy testing going?

Any estimate on when Bluetooth 4.x LE code will be added to LEAF Spy and LEAF Spy Pro?

Has there been any update in regards to BTLE support?

I have a LeLink I purchased just for use with this app, but I'm wondering if I should give up on the BTLE idea.

The next version of LeafSpy Pro has just been release with support for the LELink Bluetooth 4.x LE adapter.

This is the production release not a test release so everyone with LeafSpy Pro should update to it (0.39.97). The Help file has also been updated with all the new features and has gone from being 31 pages to 48 pages long.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”