Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 am

WetEV wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:The current test version of LeafSpy Pro has a new option on the Settings/Dropbox panel to Reset your ID and start over connecting to Dropbox. It also uses API 2 now that API 1 is no longer supported. See earlier posts for a link to it.

Any schedule for fixing the released version?
I really don't want test version.

I need to release 0.40.104 first for testing then after a few days I can do a full release. Probably early next week.

lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 pm

https:LELink Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iP...//
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QJRYMFC/ref ... 2zbJ0EKC4Q via @amazon

So this Bluetooth OBDII adapter should function with both Android & iPhone, right? Furthermore,
LeafSpy Pro for the iPhone will now connect via Bluetooth (only with above adapter) or with most
WiFi adapters, right?

mischl
Delivery Date: 19 Sep 2017
Leaf Number: 012781

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 am

very good tool, thank you!

I am using a tablet with wifi only thus the Dropbox sync is not working while driving around. After a trip it would be handy to sync the files to dropbox for further investigation. But it seems not to sync (1 min interval) back at home with wifi.
Is the sync still active if there is no running Leaf around? Is there a way to force this sync?

Thanks in advance from a newbie

btw, KONNWEI KW902 from amazon works for me with a 2011 model and a android.

own screen 3
Let me know what other Leaf variables you would like to have displayable on the screen.

remaining kWh
    remaining km
    Wh used since last reset
Perfect option!

lorenfb

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 pm

lorenfb wrote:https:LELink Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iP...//
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QJRYMFC/ref ... 2zbJ0EKC4Q via @amazon

So this Bluetooth OBDII adapter should function with both Android & iPhone, right? Furthermore,
LeafSpy Pro for the iPhone will now connect via Bluetooth (only with above adapter) or with most
WiFi adapters, right?

Having just purchased and tested the LELink adapter, the answer is yes to LeafSpy functioning on both Android & iPhone via Bluetooth.

stevek
Delivery Date: 21 May 2017

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:33 pm

I just bought the LELink OBDII and have installed the Leafspy Pro. The first thing I notice is that the OBD has an LED that remains on at all times. So, do you remove the OBD when not in use, or is the current drain so low that you leave it in place all of the time?
2017 Leaf SV in South Florida

lorenfb

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:32 pm

stevek wrote:I just bought the LELink OBDII and have installed the Leafspy Pro. The first thing I notice is that the OBD has an LED that remains on at all times. So, do you remove the OBD when not in use, or is the current drain so low that you leave it in place all of the time?

Yes, I noticed the red LED too. You have a good question. I'll measure the 12V battery current with & without the adapter after the
vehicle fully powers down. Hopefully, someone else noticed this and has an answer before I do the measurement for those
concerned about a potential dead 12V battery.

ElectricEddy
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:56 pm

stevek wrote:I just bought the LELink OBDII and have installed the Leafspy Pro. The first thing I notice is that the OBD has an LED that remains on at all times. So, do you remove the OBD when not in use, or is the current drain so low that you leave it in place all of the time?

The adapter I use has an on/off switch incorporated on the unit
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mini-Vgate-ELM32 ... ice&talgo=
The unit is mounted below the steering column w/ velcro ensuring easy access to the switch using this extension cable
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00J2N0VG4/ref ... 2N0VG4&tag
If your adapter has no switch you may order a cable like this c/w on off switch
https://www.ebay.com/itm/With-Switch-16 ... 744?_ul=SV
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

johnlocke
Delivery Date: 14 Dec 2015
Leaf Number: 300582

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:05 pm

I just leave mine plugged in all the time but I drive a lot and charge nearly every day. I do have other cars that I have OBDII's plugged into that don't get driven often (less than once a week) but they're on trickle chargers because the battery will die if the car sits long enough. In the case of my Maxima, it's the alarm system and keyless entry that kills it not the OBDII. I suspect that the keyless entry and telemetry on the Leaf are the biggest battery drains. It would be interesting to know what the drain actually is both with and without the OBDII.
Jamul, CA
San Diego East County

lorenfb

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:11 am

lorenfb wrote:

Yes, I noticed the red LED too. You have a good question. I'll measure the 12V battery current with & without the adapter after the
vehicle fully powers down. Hopefully, someone else noticed this and has an answer before I do the measurement for those
concerned about a potential dead 12V battery.

Checked the current drain after about 15 minutes. The total including the adapter was less than 60ma.
Assuming a 60 Ahr 12V battery at half capacity (30 Ahrs) for starting, results in about 20 days at a 60ma drain.

stevek
Delivery Date: 21 May 2017

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:52 am

Thanks for checking it out. Sounds like under normal daily use it is not an issue.
2017 Leaf SV in South Florida

Return to “LEAF CANBus”