DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 12963
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:00 am

vegastar wrote:I tried LSP in a 2018 Leaf that a dealer gave me to test for 2 days and it proved very usefull.

But I think there is a bug because it always assumed I had a 60kW.h , and I had to change it manually to a 40kW.h otherwise it couldn’t get data for the battery.


should have auto detected. I did nothing to my LSP. It simply knew what it was looking at without help.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 5775 miles, 488 GIDs, 38 kwh 113.37 Ahr available, SOH 98.21, Hx 115.75
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vegastar
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 am
Delivery Date: 07 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5564
Location: Portugal

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:44 am

It detected it was a 2018, but with the wrong battery. Maybe the problem is because mine was an european 2018 Nissan Leaf?
2011 Nissan LEAF since 2011-07-07, 151000 km on 2018-03-03, 7 bars, 37.9Ah.

ClarD
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 8:17 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Apr 2016

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:52 pm

What is the "Requested Torque in Nm"?
I saw that, compared it to Motor Power, and don't see very good correlation.
I'm actually interested in "Full torque at 0 RPM", because I've never seen 80,000 watts below 30MPH or so.
From a dead stop, carrying about 400 lbs of driver and cargo, up a grade...

Code: Select all

Date/Time               Speed   Motor Pwr(w)    Torque Nm      VA
02/28/2018 14:22:05      0          0             0.00            546.13
02/28/2018 14:22:15      0          0             0.00            652.92
02/28/2018 14:22:25     26      27440           254.00         49,900.69
02/28/2018 14:22:36     60      80000           111.50         85,140.51
02/28/2018 14:22:46     70      50920            12.75         30,878.50
02/28/2018 14:22:57     63          0            -3.75         -1,014.93
02/28/2018 14:23:12     61       2200            -1.75          3,212.29


VA is I2*J2, Pack Volts Pack Amps
So, 10 seconds is way to infrequent to check 0-60 runs, but the Android app "OBD Acceleration" doesn't work with the LEAF

Does the motor never draw 80,000 watts below about 30 MPH?
I presume VA would have a better chance of matching Motor Power at a steady state.
What is the "Requested Torque in Nm"?

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:27 pm

vegastar wrote:It detected it was a 2018, but with the wrong battery. Maybe the problem is because mine was an european 2018 Nissan Leaf?

European 2018 Leafs should be correctly detected in the next release.

Can you post the first 10 characters of your VIN?

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:34 pm

ClarD wrote:What is the "Requested Torque in Nm"?
I saw that, compared it to Motor Power, and don't see very good correlation.
I'm actually interested in "Full torque at 0 RPM", because I've never seen 80,000 watts below 30MPH or so.
From a dead stop, carrying about 400 lbs of driver and cargo, up a grade...

Code: Select all

Date/Time               Speed   Motor Pwr(w)    Torque Nm      VA
02/28/2018 14:22:05      0          0             0.00            546.13
02/28/2018 14:22:15      0          0             0.00            652.92
02/28/2018 14:22:25     26      27440           254.00         49,900.69
02/28/2018 14:22:36     60      80000           111.50         85,140.51
02/28/2018 14:22:46     70      50920            12.75         30,878.50
02/28/2018 14:22:57     63          0            -3.75         -1,014.93
02/28/2018 14:23:12     61       2200            -1.75          3,212.29


VA is I2*J2, Pack Volts Pack Amps
So, 10 seconds is way to infrequent to check 0-60 runs, but the Android app "OBD Acceleration" doesn't work with the LEAF

Does the motor never draw 80,000 watts below about 30 MPH?
I presume VA would have a better chance of matching Motor Power at a steady state.
What is the "Requested Torque in Nm"?

I would assume requested Torque is the torque the VCM is requesting the motor to generate.

The sample rate is far too slow to match motor power and requested torque.

At some point I will modify the code when displaying the new custom screen to only read the values being displayed. This will speed up the sample rate to a few times a second from the 5 to 8 seconds per sample now.

You can actually use TM-Spy to plot single Leaf CAN messages at 100+ frames a second. If the CAN message you want to monitor is on the EV-CAN bus you will need a special cable or modified OBDII Adapter to monitor the EV-CAN bus instead of the CAR-CAN.

vegastar
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 am
Delivery Date: 07 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5564
Location: Portugal

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:14 am

Turbo3 wrote:
vegastar wrote:It detected it was a 2018, but with the wrong battery. Maybe the problem is because mine was an european 2018 Nissan Leaf?

European 2018 Leafs should be correctly detected in the next release.

Can you post the first 10 characters of your VIN?


Image
2011 Nissan LEAF since 2011-07-07, 151000 km on 2018-03-03, 7 bars, 37.9Ah.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:44 pm

vegastar wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:
vegastar wrote:It detected it was a 2018, but with the wrong battery. Maybe the problem is because mine was an european 2018 Nissan Leaf?

European 2018 Leafs should be correctly detected in the next release.

Can you post the first 10 characters of your VIN?


Image

Thanks. The next release will correctly identify it as a 2018.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 12963
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:29 pm

2018 LEAF with LSP. My odometer has stopped working. It was stuck at 672 for a while and noticed it has moved.... a bit. Should I send you a trace?
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 5775 miles, 488 GIDs, 38 kwh 113.37 Ahr available, SOH 98.21, Hx 115.75
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:48 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:2018 LEAF with LSP. My odometer has stopped working. It was stuck at 672 for a while and noticed it has moved.... a bit. Should I send you a trace?

No, that is caused by a bug clearing the internal flag that indicates a 2018 model. You can try going into Settings while connected to the Leaf and selecting Model Year 2018 again.

===============================
Update:
Actually Yes I need an ELM trace as yours should be a US Leaf with a US VIN so detection of 2018 should be working. It is only the EU Leafs that have the problem.

brycenesbitt
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:48 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Feb 2016

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:18 am

Given that the Bluetooth Konnwei KW902 is a knockoff device, of which some are defective, and gets terrible reviews on Amazon.... what's the currently recommended adapter for iOS or Android Leaf Spy? I have the LELink adapter which is supported and real, but does not work on Android Leaf Spy.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”