borugee
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Sep 2017
Leaf Number: 303100
Location: Dallas TX

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat May 12, 2018 8:14 am

GerryAZ wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:You seem to have a number of Leafs. Is this happening with all of them or just one? If just one, which one?


Well, it started with 2016. The issue is I rarely ran LEAF Spy other than to collect daily stats so it was just a few mins in the morning. So not sure how well the focus was there although I am relatively sure the 2013 would stay focused as long as it was charging.

The 2018 sometimes stays on for 4-5 mins when charging after car is powered off and sometimes its longer. no consistency.


I will chime in and say that I used to be able to record charging sessions on my 2015, but updates to Leaf Spy, my phone, and/or the Bluetooth adapter have made it consistently drop out after a short time. I had to replace my old Kyocera Event when it started to fail to save data and had problems with SD cards. I replaced it with a BLU (not sure which model) and then had to replace the Bluetooth unit because the BLU would not recognize it. With my present set up, I can record DCQC charging sessions if I don't touch the phone. Changing screens will often cause it to lose connection. It will not stay connected more than a short time when charging on L2, but I don't know exactly when this started.


In my 2018 Leaf. when turned off, in a about a minute or so Leaf Spy go from Green to Amber and also I can hear Leaf making faint clicking soung (relay some where in the BMS I think). Once I exit from leaf spy clicking sound stops. My assesment is OBD port work but something else is turned off and leaf spy unable to read. Thought will write here as this seems relevent to this thread.
Borugee
2018 SL ; 03/18 Delivery ; Dallas TX

borugee
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Sep 2017
Leaf Number: 303100
Location: Dallas TX

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat May 12, 2018 8:23 am

Is it possible to show a a Temperature gauge on the charge screen. Currently if you look at a charge screen there is no axis for temperature line (black line). This is becoming more important for us who are experiancing Rapid gate.

If you don't have a axis you can align it to kW axis on left in C or %charge axis on right in F. Both are viable.
Borugee
2018 SL ; 03/18 Delivery ; Dallas TX

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat May 12, 2018 10:53 am

I have been able to record several complete charging sessions on my 2015 SL since I installed the latest beta test version of LEAF Spy Pro. The relay that you hear clicking is in a relay panel under the hood on the right (passenger) side near the firewall. It switches power to some control modules.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

borugee
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Sep 2017
Leaf Number: 303100
Location: Dallas TX

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat May 12, 2018 8:37 pm

GerryAZ wrote:I have been able to record several complete charging sessions on my 2015 SL since I installed the latest beta test version of LEAF Spy Pro.


Thank you for the info. Can someone provide details on how to get beta version. I have the paid pro version of Leaf SpyPro on Android downloaded from Playstore. Can @Turbo3 Help?
Borugee
2018 SL ; 03/18 Delivery ; Dallas TX

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sun May 13, 2018 10:01 am

borugee wrote:
GerryAZ wrote:I have been able to record several complete charging sessions on my 2015 SL since I installed the latest beta test version of LEAF Spy Pro.


Thank you for the info. Can someone provide details on how to get beta version. I have the paid pro version of Leaf SpyPro on Android downloaded from Playstore. Can @Turbo3 Help?

There currently is no beta version.

Release version 0.44.116 is the latest version of LeafSpy Pro.

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sun May 13, 2018 11:26 am

Turbo3,

Sorry for the misinformation, I thought it was a beta version when I last updated it. The version I am using that seems to stay connected while charging is v0.42.116en. Thanks for your efforts in developing this application. Aside from all the information it provides while driving (tire pressures, battery information, etc.), the ability to read and clear trouble codes has saved me from calling a tow truck several times when charging system errors caused by defective public charging stations prevented charging at other stations until errors were cleared.

Edited to add: The version shows up as v0.42.116en in the application, but Google Play Store shows the latest version as 0.44.116 updated on March 28, 2018. Google Play indicates that I have the latest version installed on both my BlackBerry PRIV and the BLU unactivated phone that I use in the car as my full-time monitor. Both devices display v0.42.116en in the application.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sun May 13, 2018 12:52 pm

GerryAZ wrote:Turbo3,

Sorry for the misinformation, I thought it was a beta version when I last updated it. The version I am using that seems to stay connected while charging is v0.42.116en. Thanks for your efforts in developing this application. Aside from all the information it provides while driving (tire pressures, battery information, etc.), the ability to read and clear trouble codes has saved me from calling a tow truck several times when charging system errors caused by defective public charging stations prevented charging at other stations until errors were cleared.

Edited to add: The version shows up as v0.42.116en in the application, but Google Play Store shows the latest version as 0.44.116 updated on March 28, 2018. Google Play indicates that I have the latest version installed on both my BlackBerry PRIV and the BLU unactivated phone that I use in the car as my full-time monitor. Both devices display v0.42.116en in the application.

Yes, it is actually 0.42.116. Not sure what I did to get the Store listing to have the wrong number.

The ".116" part is the most important part.

TobyYarwood
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:37 pm
Delivery Date: 13 May 2018
Leaf Number: 002041

Re: Leaf Spy Help!!

Mon May 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Can someone please tell me why these two leafspy screenshots are so different? The dealer gave me the first to prove that the four year old batttery was in perfect condition and the history of daily commutes and slow charges seems to fit. One month later I got leafspy myself and took the second screenshot.

How can it get so much worse in a month? Either I’m doing something wrong or the dealer showed me a differently configured report..

I don’t know enough yet to decode it all. Please help me Turbo3 kenobi, you are my only hope..

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0nGY8gBYGSLbUi

Toby

ClarD
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 8:17 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Apr 2016

Re: Leaf Spy Help!!

Mon May 14, 2018 4:42 pm

TobyYarwood wrote:Can someone please tell me why these two leafspy screenshots are so different?


I see that those are from two different versions of LeafSpy. Visit Settings-Help-Change Log to see if those version numbers line up with a change in the way the SOH was calculated. over 100% is not valid, but was appearing for a lot of people.
Readjustment occurred in LeafSpy, ruining history.

odd84
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:11 am
Delivery Date: 27 Apr 2018

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.
Last edited by odd84 on Mon May 14, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”