Salchc wrote:I hope this site is still active. I tried registering but it gives me nothing. I been logging some trips in my leaf and would love to play around with leaflogger. Thanks in advance for any help provided.
site is up and running. I just registered and uploaded some log files successfully yesterday.
has anybody out there tried the source code? It's on github... https://github.com/kevinlieb/LeafLogger/issues
It's a php/mysql type of deal. i loaded it up on a little linux server i keep for experimenting but i couldn't get it to go.
I was able to register and upload a log to leaflogger.com as well.
I did manage to set it up locally from the source on github. It hasn't been updated in a couple years and has a lot of small problems. Biggest of which is its built against old Google Maps APIs that are deprecated, so the map portion doesn't work at all. I'd also be cautious about uploading any data you wouldn't want public to leaflogger.com - from looking at the github code there's some risky data handling going on. Maybe it's fixed on the leaflogger.com version since clearly there's been some updates since the latest github release, but I haven't tried to verify that.If you want to get it working locally, make sure it's restricted so it's not publicly accessible. It's not safe to run publicly accessible.
Rough overview of steps/fixes needed:
1. Create the mysql db and setup permissions, edit connect.php with the credentials/dbname
2. Fix BatLogToDb.php:91, DeleteTrips.php:7, and Login.php:42 to remove the hardcoded database name by changing all "leaflogs.leaflogs" to "leaflogs"
3. Fix BatLogToDb.php:10 to if (false)
4. Create a user by manually inserting an admin user (which contrary to the readme, doesn't exist): INSERT INTO users (users_email,users_password,users_is_admin,users_units,users_trip_delimiter) VALUES ('user','password encrypted by php md5 function',1,'US',10);
5. Create uploads and logs directories
6. Download a bunch of missing css, js and images files from leaflogger.com that are missing from the github repo version. Use Developer Tools in your browser to identify which files are missing. You'll also need to allow foreign/"unsafe" js to load jquery before you can successfully login.
7. Elevation doesn't work because GenericFeed.php is missing
8. Can't do user registration because CreateUser.php is missing
9. The log to db loader doesn't escape strings properly, edit your log files before upload to replace all ,na,
, (or work in proper escaping into the code)
After all that, the SOC and Thermal charts will work, the entries table will work, but the map and elevation chart will not.