New Leaf spy user, can you explain?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djjazzy

Please help explain what I'm looking at here.

Just got Leaf Spy Pro, and took screen shots of these settings. SOC did not match the % on the car display.
Car display said 48% remaining, Leaf Spy shows SOC at 52%. Can anyone explain why the difference.

See screen Shot:

leafspy01.png

What about these numbers, Why is health only at 91%?
shouldn't that be closer to 100% since the car is only 1 month old?
Can someone explain please.

leafspy02.png

There is a lot of info on these screens. It will take a while for you to get it all. To answer your questions:
SOC on LeafSpy is the OVERALL SOC of the battery, assuming 100% is available and the battery is new. The dashboard SOC is the % of currently available energy. Both are correct, they measure somewhat different things.

The "Health" is probably mis-named. Better it be called "H-factor." It was first called Health when the number was discovered by the smart programmers that developed LeafSpy and other devices for measuring the info delivered by the car's computer. These numbers have all been reverse-engineered. Nissan did not provide the information on what these numbers "really" mean. What is commonly called "health" on these forums is really a number of unknown significance.

Ok, so I purchased a 2012 Leaf and loaded LeafSpy Lite to test it out. ODO = 21,912km, SOH = 85%, Hx = 82.19%, SOC = 93.8%. The leaf stopped charging reported it was finished (2012 does not have SOC meter, so no idea what it thinks the SOC is). Is LeafSpy reporting SOC as a value against SOH, or as a value against usable capacity, ie: should it always have a 100% ability or will it diminish as SOH diminishes?

Having read lots of posts I was under the impression LeafSpy would report SOC to 100% regardless of what SOH is at, so it reports usable capacity. This is pretty important to understand if there is a "full" charge, or if there is room for more charge and it finished charging prematurely.

JCPanosh said:
Having read lots of posts I was under the impression LeafSpy would report SOC to 100% regardless of what SOH is at, so it reports usable capacity. This is pretty important to understand if there is a "full" charge, or if there is room for more charge and it finished charging prematurely.
Incorrect.
LEAF Spy reports CAR-CAN SOC.
It is theoretical maximum.
LEAF software does not allow it to go to 100% to avoid damage to the battery pack.

2013 forward SOC on dash is different.
LEAF software adjusts it to go to 100%.

Back