Power reports 15-16A at 244-245V...is that available or use?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachfitrob

I have a 2011 Leaf, so it should have the 3.3Khwr charger.

Leaf Spy Pro says 15-16A at 244-245V.

So is the Leaf using all that or that's what's available? If it's using it all that's a nice little bonus I guess. :)

3.3Kwhr (on board charger)/244V=13.5A

IIRC it's a 300W overhead, but apparently I have room for that and the full 3.3KWhr onboard charger plus a tiny bit extra.

245V*16A ("best" case) would be 3.92Kwhr a bit above the 3.6Kwhr of the charger plus the (IIRC) 300W cooling system.

Yeah, Nissan couldn't keep their numbers straight. For the 3.3kW charger, 3.3kW is what the charger outputs. The input can be up to 3.6-3.7kW. For the 6.6kW charger, 6.6kW is the max input, and the output is max 6.0kW. Unfortunately, the 300W overhead comes out of the output, not the input.

beachfitrob said:
Slightly OT, but where in Leaf Spy do you find this info? I've gone looking for it, but I've never seen anything like it when my '13 SV is plugged in and charging.

Can you post or PM me a screenshot?

Thanks--

G

davewill said:
Yeah, Nissan couldn't keep their numbers straight. For the 3.3kW charger, 3.3kW is what the charger outputs. The input can be up to 3.6-3.7kW. For the 6.6kW charger, 6.6kW is the max input, and the output is max 6.0kW. Unfortunately, the 300W overhead comes out of the output, not the input.
FWIW... I've seen '11 and '12 Leafs charge on our Chargepoint EVSEs at work (running @ 208 volts, per the Chargepoint techs that came out) pulling ~3.7 kW.

My '13 Leaf SV pulls ~5.8 to 6.0 kW on the same EVSEs at work.

We had some Chargepoint EVSEs outside our building where my car would tend to pull only 5.7 kW. I suspect the voltage was lower out there. However, they've been removed and replaced w/newer CT4000 models but I can't use those. They're presently for our EV valets only.

At the of top screen 1, the one with all the battery cell voltages, the numbers for Ahrs, SOH, etc are displayed. When the car is attached to a live EVSE, the Voltage and Amps it is advertising will show towards the end of that list.

gmikol said:
beachfitrob said:
Slightly OT, but where in Leaf Spy do you find this info? I've gone looking for it, but I've never seen anything like it when my '13 SV is plugged in and charging.

Thanks--

G

beachfitrob said:
I have a 2011 Leaf, so it should have the 3.3Khwr charger.

So is the Leaf using all that or that's what's available? If it's using it all that's a nice little bonus I guess. :)

3.3Kwhr (on board charger)/244V=13.5A

IIRC it's a 300W overhead, but apparently I have room for that and the full 3.3KWhr onboard charger plus a tiny bit extra.

245V*16A ("best" case) would be 3.92Kwhr a bit above the 3.6Kwhr of the charger plus the (IIRC) 300W cooling system.
The Leaf Spy Pro is showing what the EVSE says it can supply to the Leaf. It is what the Pilot signal from the EVSE is indicating to the Leaf.

gmikol said:
beachfitrob said:

Thanks--

G
For 2013 on up Leafs Nissan changed the message format. I am waiting for an ELM trace to see what I need to do to display this information.

So at the moment EVSE capability is only available on 2011-2012 Leafs.

This is reassuring...I was starting to think I had turned dumb...

Hope you get it figured out. I know you said you had some full traces already, but if you need me to supply something, I can probably help.

--G

gmikol said:
This is reassuring...I was starting to think I had turned dumb...

Hope you get it figured out. I know you said you had some full traces already, but if you need me to supply something, I can probably help.

--G
More data can't hurt. Looking for 2013/2014 Leaf charge ELM trace. Just a few minutes charging is all I need. If you can include plugging and unplugging charge cable that would be great.

I forgot to mention that either logging needs to be enabled or you need to be on the battery cell pair screen for the correct data to be captured (EVSE status).

Back