dm33
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Sat May 31, 2014 12:58 pm

Diver1500 wrote:I just got my mini OBDII from Jeff store, two weeks early!
I can't get my IPHONE 5s to find any signal from it. Would you have trouble shooting ideas.

Do you mean that the iPhone can't see the OBDII adapter's WiFi network?

Make sure the adapter is plugged into the LEAFs OBDII port.
Turn on the OBDII adapter using the switch.

Once its on, you should see some lights on.
Then look on the iPhone for the OBDII adapter's WiFi network.

If the network doesn't show up, you may have a defective OBDII adapter.

dm33

Sat May 31, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm getting ready to submit LEAFStat 1.1 to the App Store with the following changes:

• Improved communications with OBDII adapter to make it more robust, reliable and tolerant of regional variations.
  • Additional initialization of OBDII adapters to resolve issue with adapters used in other vehicles or with other programs.
  • Support for European LEAFs which may not have tire pressure monitors.
  • Display temperature in Celsius in countries using metric system.
  • Revamped error display to be able to see values from the car when dismissing the alert.
    • If there is an error connecting to the WiFi adapter, the alert is displayed once. After pressing Retry, it retries once. If there's still an error, the user probably needs to go to Settings and fix the problem. Upon returning to LEAFStat it will try again.
    • If there is an error communicating with the LEAF, an error is displayed. When dismissed, the alert goes away allowing the user to see the last values retrieved. LEAFStat will continue to try to communicate with the LEAF every 10 seconds and display status towards the bottom of the screen.

saywatt
Delivery Date: 25 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 4701

Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:59 pm

dm33 wrote:I'm getting ready to submit LEAFStat 1.1 to the App Store with the following changes:

Looking forward to the update and hope it fixes my issue. I have yet to display any data with the app.

SimonMTL

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Anyone tried this WiFi OBD2 reader:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wifi-WLAN-OBDII ... 59&vxp=mtr

It's a lot thinner with an extension cable, and is only 22$ with free shipping. That would be a very popular reader if it was compatible!!
Quebec EV Association
http://www.aveq.ca

saywatt

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:30 am

dm33 wrote:I'm getting ready to submit LEAFStat 1.1 to the App Store with the following changes:

. Is there a timeframe for this release? I've yet to see it in the app store. Thanks!

dm33

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:03 pm

saywatt wrote:

. Is there a timeframe for this release? I've yet to see it in the app store. Thanks!

Its submitted. Up to the Apple approval process. Typically within a week, but can vary greatly. WWDC is going on this week, they might be shorthanded. I've seen one post in a day, seen others get hung up for clarification that took weeks. Not sure what hoops they'll make me jump through this time.

Keithjmason
Delivery Date: 08 Mar 2014

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:41 am

rslatkin wrote:This one arrived and I tested it but it's not working. The Status says "Connecting to vehicle..." with a rotating ring, and all the data is shown as dashes. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

I have the same spinner that says "Connecting to vehicle..."

I have one same as this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIFI-ELM327-Wir ... 0837830439

Thanks,

saywatt

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 am

Keithjmason wrote:
rslatkin wrote:This one arrived and I tested it but it's not working. The Status says "Connecting to vehicle..." with a rotating ring, and all the data is shown as dashes. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

I have the same spinner that says "Connecting to vehicle..."

I have one same as this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIFI-ELM327-Wir ... 0837830439

Thanks,

I have the same model OBDII and have the same issue. The developer said it had been tested and another local LEAF owner is using it successfully. I'm hoping the version 1.1 solves the issue.

That said, I can get it to connect to the car by unplugging and replugging the OBDII adaptor and hitting OK on the app when it states it has lost communication. It finally connects after an average of 4 tries but still displayes no car data. The status line at the bottom of the app shows that it is connected and the 3 dashed lines for the GIDS disappear, but no data is displayed.

Keithjmason
Delivery Date: 08 Mar 2014

Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Just got 1.1 and it works now! so good to finally have an App like this for iOS.. I hope it keeps improving and adding more features,, Great!

Although, the numbers i'm seeing on my 2 month old Leaf are not as good as I hoped for ...

95.6% SOH (was hoping it would be closer to 100% for a new car)

93.59% Capacity (62.01 Ahr) - again I was hoping for a little more.

Battery temp at 29degC and car has done 3500miles

Do these figures seem right for a new car ?

saywatt wrote:
I have the same model OBDII and have the same issue. The developer said it had been tested and another local LEAF owner is using it successfully. I'm hoping the version 1.1 solves the issue.

That said, I can get it to connect to the car by unplugging and replugging the OBDII adaptor and hitting OK on the app when it states it has lost communication. It finally connects after an average of 4 tries but still displayes no car data. The status line at the bottom of the app shows that it is connected and the 3 dashed lines for the GIDS disappear, but no data is displayed.

QueenBee
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:02 am

Can we please follow the naming conventions used in LEAFSpy? You are just going to create more confusion by calling HX SOH.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”