JonO
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 pm
Delivery Date: 25 Jan 2014
Leaf Number: 003530
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 am

No problem connecting to my daughters IPod using dynamic setting. Leaf Stat 1.2.

Thanks for the info on your leaf and kwh.
2011 Leaf SL
Silver Gray
12,000 kms, minty!
Using LeafSpy Pro since the launch of the iPhone version (Mar 2015)

foolios
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:43 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Mar 2014

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:29 pm

rslatkin wrote:I just ordered this wifi OBD adapter that has a power button.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUHDM64/

Delivery estimate is May 27-30. I'll let you know how it works after it arrives.


Been a couple of months. How well did this device work for you?

Anyone have a recommendation as to which wifi adapter seems like the best option? I see that a low profile one is desired. An on/off button on this linked one seems pretty nice too.
Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
1.4 kW Off-Grid Solar PV (14×100Watt@12V(24V config)
1000A@24v Battery Bank
EVSE level 2 - Clipper Creek
2013 S model without QC package

User avatar
DNAinaGoodWay
Posts: 2713
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 am
Delivery Date: 03 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 23156
Location: Central Massachusetts

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:59 pm

foolios wrote:
rslatkin wrote:I just ordered this wifi OBD adapter that has a power button.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUHDM64/

Delivery estimate is May 27-30. I'll let you know how it works after it arrives.


Been a couple of months. How well did this device work for you?

Anyone have a recommendation as to which wifi adapter seems like the best option? I see that a low profile one is desired. An on/off button on this linked one seems pretty nice too.
Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.


I ordered this Friday, and it came today (Wednesday) from Kentucky, in perfect condition. Plugged it in and it worked fine, no set up needed. Connected to the app without issues. My first use of OBD. Easy.

FYI, the listing shows 2 different units, a shorter, whiter one, and a longer, blacker one. They sent me the latter, and it's not a problem plugged in. Tried and there was no way I could hit it with my leg. Off button worked OK, no problem with wifi.

So, with 18k on a car manufactured in 5/12, driven since 11/12, (started at 10 miles on odometer), so 20 months in, and app shows:

91.79% SOH
91.06 Hx
60.82 Ahr

Which, if I'm reading Stoaty's model correctly, is right in line for a car in the Boston area.

Question: Are the kWhs shown whats available to me, or whats in the pack, total?

Tires reported at 42.25 (3), and 42.5 (1), which is fine since I set them them in the shade on a cool morning at 41 and they're at 90 degrees in the sun and freshly driven on today.

Would also advocate for the ability to see the last values recorded. But don't mind the error screens as then I'm sure I've turned the unit off.

All in all a good app, thanks. What else can you do with it?

I hardly ever get below LBW, but it'll be handy if I do.

There's a used LEAF on Route 20 I'll go check out with it, so good for that.
'12 SL last reading @ 2 yr, 22k, 260 GIDs, 62.35 Ahr

'15 SV w/QC, Mfd 5/14, Leased 8/14, 292 GIDs, 64.38 Ahr when new

@ 25 months, 25k, 267 GID, 56.88 AHr
@ 36 months, 34k, 270 GID, 57.49 AHr


6.72 kW Array

JonO
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 pm
Delivery Date: 25 Jan 2014
Leaf Number: 003530
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 am

I have the same set up, but my Leaf is a 2011. The OBDii mini came with a black extender about 2 in long. I'm not sure if it has any electronics in it or not, but the OBDii works fine without it, so I'll just toss the extender in my junk drawer.
I run LeafStat on an IPad using the connect configurations given, and it works just fine. I also tried it on an I Pod, without setting anything, and it was detected and it also works fine.
My first reading showed about 94.4 SOC, and now about a thousand KMs later it reads about 94.03. I hope I'm not going to lose a full % every 1000 kms!
I haven't seen much advantage to using the app, other than it seems to corroborate what my dash is telling me. The extra peace of mind is nice though. But, I am glad to have it, as I enjoy getting the increased data and charting it for posterity.
2011 Leaf SL
Silver Gray
12,000 kms, minty!
Using LeafSpy Pro since the launch of the iPhone version (Mar 2015)

JonO
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 pm
Delivery Date: 25 Jan 2014
Leaf Number: 003530
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:30 am

duh, 1/2 a % per 1000 km!
2011 Leaf SL
Silver Gray
12,000 kms, minty!
Using LeafSpy Pro since the launch of the iPhone version (Mar 2015)

User avatar
DNAinaGoodWay
Posts: 2713
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 am
Delivery Date: 03 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 23156
Location: Central Massachusetts

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:01 am

Hey dm33, thanks! I've used it a week now and I like it a lot.

I don't know what LeafSpy does that this doesn't, but what LeafStat does seems good enough for now.

Ive learned my tires vary from 38-42 psi depending on conditions. I knew pressure varied, but thought it was 1 or 2, not 4.

I'm not used to thinking in Gids. If you're using 77.5 Whs as a Gid, that's 12.9 Gids/kWh. I average 4m/kWh, so I average ~3.25 Gids/mile, or about 1/3 of a mile per Gid.

I've never seen turtle, but if it comes on when I've got about 1/4 mile left, will it come on at 1 Gid remaining?

So, the car shuts down at zero Gids?
'12 SL last reading @ 2 yr, 22k, 260 GIDs, 62.35 Ahr

'15 SV w/QC, Mfd 5/14, Leased 8/14, 292 GIDs, 64.38 Ahr when new

@ 25 months, 25k, 267 GID, 56.88 AHr
@ 36 months, 34k, 270 GID, 57.49 AHr


6.72 kW Array

User avatar
DNAinaGoodWay
Posts: 2713
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 am
Delivery Date: 03 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 23156
Location: Central Massachusetts

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:16 pm

DNAinaGoodWay wrote:I'm not used to thinking in Gids. If you're using 77.5 Whs as a Gid, that's 12.9 Gids/kWh. I average 4m/kWh, so I average ~3.25 Gids/mile, or about 1/3 of a mile per Gid.

I've never seen turtle, but if it comes on when I've got about 1/4 mile left, will it come on at 1 Gid remaining?

So, the car shuts down at zero Gids?


Found this: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10960&start=0

Explains it, sort of. Expect turtle anywhere below 8 Gids. (or two Williams?)
'12 SL last reading @ 2 yr, 22k, 260 GIDs, 62.35 Ahr

'15 SV w/QC, Mfd 5/14, Leased 8/14, 292 GIDs, 64.38 Ahr when new

@ 25 months, 25k, 267 GID, 56.88 AHr
@ 36 months, 34k, 270 GID, 57.49 AHr


6.72 kW Array

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:57 am

I'm having a weird problem with the app. I started noticing that on a full charge it would report "12 bars" as text, but the segmented graphical display would show 11 bars. Since my 2012 was close to losing a bar I figured this was related. The car did eventually lose its first bar.

A couple of weeks ago I turned in the lease and got a 2015. I added this car to CarWings (with a new 'nickname') and deleted the old one. Everything about CarWings seems to work fine. The only thing is, the LeafStat app is still only "lighting" 11 bars, even though correctly reporting "SOC 12 bars".

Interestingly, I also have LeafStat installed on my iPad Mini and it is lighting all 12 bars.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the app on the phone but the problem is still showing up. iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1

One other item of interest... This happened only once, near the end of the 2012. The iPad app only lit 11 bars and the 12th one, instead of being blank, was filled with diagonal yellow and black stripes. :?

It's just a cosmetic issue but wondering if anyone else has seen this or has an idea on how to fix it. Sent an email to the developer but haven't heard back.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

adspguy
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:12 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Apr 2012
Leaf Number: 018978
Location: Newton, MA

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Nubo wrote:I'm having a weird problem with the app. I started noticing that on a full charge it would report "12 bars" as text, but the segmented graphical display would show 11 bars. Since my 2012 was close to losing a bar I figured this was related. The car did eventually lose its first bar.

A couple of weeks ago I turned in the lease and got a 2015. I added this car to CarWings (with a new 'nickname') and deleted the old one. Everything about CarWings seems to work fine. The only thing is, the LeafStat app is still only "lighting" 11 bars, even though correctly reporting "SOC 12 bars".

Interestingly, I also have LeafStat installed on my iPad Mini and it is lighting all 12 bars.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the app on the phone but the problem is still showing up. iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1

One other item of interest... This happened only once, near the end of the 2012. The iPad app only lit 11 bars and the 12th one, instead of being blank, was filled with diagonal yellow and black stripes. :?

It's just a cosmetic issue but wondering if anyone else has seen this or has an idea on how to fix it. Sent an email to the developer but haven't heard back.

I noticed the same on my iPhone6+. When the car is at 12 bars, it says "12 bars" but only colors in 11 bars on the graph. My ipad (3rd gen running 8.1) shows the normal 12 bar display.

I wouldn't worry about it.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:31 pm

adspguy wrote:I noticed the same on my iPhone6+. When the car is at 12 bars, it says "12 bars" but only colors in 11 bars on the graph. My ipad (3rd gen running 8.1) shows the normal 12 bar display.

I wouldn't worry about it.


Thanks! Sounds like it may have to do with new versions of iOS on iPhone then. It would fit with when I did the updates but I hadn't used the app in close enough proximity to the updates to draw any conclusions.

I agree it's just cosmetic. Then again, nobody likes an empty battery bar. :P
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”