LeafSpy / Android question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recmob

I'm an Iphone user, and have never used Android - don't have any friends with them either. May seem like a dumb question here: Somewhere I recall reading you can get a phone and just not activate the phone, and if that's the case, how does one download the app to the phone then?

You would use the WiFi connection instead of the cell phone data plan...

You can get a Samsung tablet with only a WiFi connection to do the same thing if you want a larger screen....

Thanks Randy. Yeah looking at the info on a phone screen I'd think would drive one mad!

Randy said:
You would use the WiFi connection instead of the cell phone data plan...

You can get a Samsung tablet with only a WiFi connection to do the same thing if you want a larger screen....

Amazon has refurbished wifi-only 7" tablets for about $160...That's what I got and it arrived in perfect condition (I assumed it was a return they couldn't sell as new)....

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-7-Inch-White/dp/B00J8DL78O/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415199805&sr=1-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

recmob said:
I'm an Iphone user, and have never used Android - don't have any friends with them either

Wow do you work for apple? :lol: I would say only maybe 20% of all my co-workers or friends have iphones. They are now the rare item versus android here. I guess my area is abnormal? Although, I am sure the iphone is way more popular than I see (hence the sellouts of iphone 6's) - I guess I don't live in an iphone type area? Fascinating!

But as others have mentioned you can get a tablet. If you can mount it in your car that would be ideal, but I have no problems reading the phone (with the screens you would want to look at while driving) on my 5 inch phone. The least you can do is pick a "pay as you go" type phone and just don't use the minutes. They still come cheap. At the minimal you will need to make a google account (gmail) to get access to the play store to download the app, but thats pretty minor.

Nope, self employed :) And believe it or not, its still an Iphone 4. I don't upgrade anything until I 'have too'.

Pipcecil said:
recmob said:
I'm an Iphone user, and have never used Android - don't have any friends with them either

Wow do you work for apple? :lol: I would say only maybe 20% of all my co-workers or friends have iphones. They are now the rare item versus android here. I guess my area is abnormal? Although, I am sure the iphone is way more popular than I see (hence the sellouts of iphone 6's) - I guess I don't live in an iphone type area? Fascinating!

But as others have mentioned you can get a tablet. If you can mount it in your car that would be ideal, but I have no problems reading the phone (with the screens you would want to look at while driving) on my 5 inch phone. The least you can do is pick a "pay as you go" type phone and just don't use the minutes. They still come cheap. At the minimal you will need to make a google account (gmail) to get access to the play store to download the app, but thats pretty minor.

Back