Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Re: iOS Version of LeafSpy Pro development discussion

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:44 am

pyromancy5 wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to make a request. I love the addition of the ability to turn off some of the sounds. I kept the slow speed sound, but removed the back up chimes.

I also enjoyed customizing how the auto lock/ unlock functions. These are wonderful features, thank you for adding them.

Is there a way you can add the ability to turn off the door open alarm/ beeping? This is my larges pet peve with the car. If you turn the car off with the door open, it won't stop until you close the door.

Thanks- AMB

On my Leaf after I turn it off and open the door if I press and release the little button the door presses when closed it turns off the sound when the door is still open. Leaf must be off for this to work.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Test version 1.5.23 is now available for testing.

Better support for 2018 Japanese Leaf, still no odometer reading :-(

Higher resolution SOH.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:01 am

Test version 1.5.23 have been withdrawn from testing do to a bug. Will be fixed in next test version.

chivalryx
Delivery Date: 04 Jul 2016

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:58 am

Do we know when Dropbox support will be put back? I noticed the Android version got an update to fix the dropbox change in API, but the iOS version still doesn't work.. :(

No rush, just curious.
2013 White Pearl SV (No quick charge)
Weathertech custom floormats
Aftermarket LED Headlight upgrade (45W 4800 lumen/bulb)
12V 20Ah Prismatic LiFeMnPO4 Lead Acid replacement
Aftermarket Rear Backup Camera wired to NAV

Turbo3
Gold Member

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:53 pm

chivalryx wrote:Do we know when Dropbox support will be put back? I noticed the Android version got an update to fix the dropbox change in API, but the iOS version still doesn't work.. :(

No rush, just curious.

There is a test version you can use that has it. Just send me an email and I can add you to the iOS tester's group.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am

Test version 1.6.29 is now available to testers.

- Supports enabling auto headlight feature when necessary hardware has been added to a Leaf that did not come with this feature.
- Large icon support for higher resolution devices that previously displayed a blank icon for LeafSpy
- User definable screen 3. Swipe up or down on screen 3 to see a samples. Press load button to load other examples. To adjust font size go into frozen mode and tap top or bottom of screen to increase or decrease font scale.
Last edited by Turbo3 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Test version 1.6.30 is now available to testers.

This version supports the new LELInk. On the previous version of LeafSpy these new LELinks would get stuck at state 00.

Test version 1.6.31 is waiting for review and release by Apple. It includes support for reading the 2018 MY Leaf odometer. This needs to be verified on a 2018 Leaf. If you have access to one please enable an ELM trace (see bottom of help file for instructions) and let me know if it works. Email TRC_xx.txt file to me.

Wineaux
Delivery Date: 22 Aug 2016
Leaf Number: 312062

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 am

I just downloaded the beta version and attempted to run Leaf Spy Pro on my Saber WiFi OBDII adapter.

1) It didn’t instantly crash when run!

2) It got to #15 during startup.

3) It stopped at 15, and then went into a never ending loop of testing 10-14.

I restarted the app, the phone, and my Leaf but it always exihibited the above behavior.

Is this something that’s fixable, or do I need to return the OBDII adapter to Amazon?

I just got a notification from Apple about a new version of IOS. Should I hold off on this update, or go ahead and download it?

Turbo3
Gold Member

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Wineaux wrote:I just downloaded the beta version and attempted to run Leaf Spy Pro on my Saber WiFi OBDII adapter.

1) It didn’t instantly crash when run!

2) It got to #15 during startup.

3) It stopped at 15, and then went into a never ending loop of testing 10-14.

I restarted the app, the phone, and my Leaf but it always exihibited the above behavior.

Is this something that’s fixable, or do I need to return the OBDII adapter to Amazon?

I just got a notification from Apple about a new version of IOS. Should I hold off on this update, or go ahead and download it?

You need to take an ELM trace (see bottom of help file for how to do it) and send me the trace. I can then see what the problem is.

But most likely your WiFi adapter is one of the new cost reduced versions that does not support the full ELM command set so is not really ELM compatible.

I suggest replacing it with the LELink Bluetooth Low Energy OBDII adapter. Available here worldwide.
http://www.outdoor-apps.com/store1.html

martinaiphs
Delivery Date: 11 May 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 4:59 am

The definition file uses screen % for position and horizontal size. This way the definitions should be usable on different size screens by just making two adjustment on the Settings/Options panel (Screen Scale and Font Scale).

File names must end with "P.csv" for Portrait layout files and "L.csv" for Landscape layout files. When loading a layout file if one is also found for the other orientation it will also be loaded (i.e. only the letter P and L are different between the two names). If no matching layout is found the the current layout for the other orientation is left unchanged.

Here are the two sample screens showing a small number of variables in a large font with and without a preceding label. Note you can also have just text and no variable. At the bottom center is a status line showing the current Screen Scaling Factor, Font Scaling Factor and the screen layout as reported by Android.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”