Efficienary
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:53 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Mar 2014
Leaf Number: 788

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Turbo3 wrote:I would like to start collecting information on the WiFi OBDII adapters my testers are using.

Please send me a description of the adapter and either a link to a picture from where you purchased it or take a picture and send it to me. The label with any name to help identify it is what I am looking for.


2013 Super mini WiFi for iPhone OBD-II OBD Can Code reader
Image
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJTC0CG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Connected and seems to display everything correctly (Leaf parked). Need to drive to see PSIs.? Also new to LeafSpy (v1.0.3) so need to learn how to use.

epirali
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 am
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2013
Leaf Number: 418541
Location: Maryland

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Efficienary wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:I would like to start collecting information on the WiFi OBDII adapters my testers are using.

Please send me a description of the adapter and either a link to a picture from where you purchased it or take a picture and send it to me. The label with any name to help identify it is what I am looking for.


2013 Super mini WiFi for iPhone OBD-II OBD Can Code reader
Image
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJTC0CG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Connected and seems to display everything correctly (Leaf parked). Need to drive to see PSIs.? Also new to LeafSpy (v1.0.3) so need to learn how to use.


I am also using this exact one.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:24 am

Release 1.0.5 will support app sound and background music.

The option added in Settings to disable app sound to allow background music in 1.0.4 will not be needed and will be removed 1.0.5

Phatcat73
Posts: 463
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm
Leaf Number: 401511
Location: Buffalo Grove, Il

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:55 am

If I were to do it over again, I'd try this dongle. They claim it goes to sleep after 30 min and you wouldn't have to fuss with the on/off

http://www.amazon.com/iKKEGOL-Diagnosti ... rds=icar+2
2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD - Delivery due end of September 2018
2016 SV; leased 20-Jan-17, 18k, 87% SOH; 4-July-18
2015 S; purchased 29-July-14, moved to AZ Nov-2014, 22k, 82% SOH; 01-Mar-18
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4x2, 111k & going strong!

Phatcat73
Posts: 463
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm
Leaf Number: 401511
Location: Buffalo Grove, Il

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:17 am

Just came back from an hr long trip. Charged from 100% and ended up around 2% remaining - about 60 miles mostly highway 60-70mph, 18 deg w heat on.

Problems v 1.0.3:
1) Temp sensors provide identical values no matter the sensor setting. (battery went from 30 to 47 deg during trip and all 3 readings updated with the same value simultaneously)
2) Trip timer reset several times (could be my dongle as I've had some issues lately)
2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD - Delivery due end of September 2018
2016 SV; leased 20-Jan-17, 18k, 87% SOH; 4-July-18
2015 S; purchased 29-July-14, moved to AZ Nov-2014, 22k, 82% SOH; 01-Mar-18
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4x2, 111k & going strong!

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:13 am

Phatcat73 wrote:Just came back from an hr long trip. Charged from 100% and ended up around 2% remaining - about 60 miles mostly highway 60-70mph, 18 deg w heat on.

Problems v 1.0.3:
1) Temp sensors provide identical values no matter the sensor setting. (battery went from 30 to 47 deg during trip and all 3 readings updated with the same value simultaneously)
2) Trip timer reset several times (could be my dongle as I've had some issues lately)

A bad dongle that drops the connection would be taken as end of trip.

Please take an ELM trace and send me the TRC_xxx.txt files stored in the app Shared file location you find with iTunes.

Go to the bottom of the Settings menu and turn on "Trace ELM (on restart)" and press "Done". Then press the iOS Home button to go back to the Home screen. Next start up LeafSpy Pro again and you should see "Logging" flashing at the bottom of the screen. While connected to the Leaf and the Leaf on let it run for about a minute and verify all temps are the same. Press Home to exit app.

Next connect iOS device to a PC and startup iTunes, go to Apps and on the bottom of the screen select LeafSpy to display the shared files. Drag the TRC_xxx.txt file(s) over to a PC folder then send to email address on About screen.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Phatcat73 wrote:Just came back from an hr long trip. Charged from 100% and ended up around 2% remaining - about 60 miles mostly highway 60-70mph, 18 deg w heat on.

Problems v 1.0.3:
1) Temp sensors provide identical values no matter the sensor setting. (battery went from 30 to 47 deg during trip and all 3 readings updated with the same value simultaneously)
2) Trip timer reset several times (could be my dongle as I've had some issues lately)

Thanks for the traces. Found the bug. It is in all versions of LeafSpy both Android and iOS. Any time a battery temperature sensor has a reading below 55.4F then the first Sensor reading will be returned for that sensor. The result of a cut and paste error when I initially created the temperature conversion routine.

Will be fixed in version 1.0.5.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Version 1.0.5 uploaded to iTunes and is now waiting for review

* Allow playing app sound and background music at the same time.
* Fix bug in displaying battery temperatures below 55.4F.

1:21 PM 2/23 "In Review"
5:39 PM 2/23 "Approved"

epirali
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 am
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2013
Leaf Number: 418541
Location: Maryland

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:47 am

Turbo3 wrote:Version 1.0.5 uploaded to iTunes and is now waiting for review

* Allow playing app sound and background music at the same time.
* Fix bug in displaying battery temperatures below 55.4F.

1:21 PM 2/23 "In Review"
5:39 PM 2/23 "Approved"


There is what appears to be a bug in all versions, including this one. On the battery voltage graph some of the plots seem to show a discontinuity in the data, where there appears to be a large jump in values at a certain point in the graph. This always clears on the next refresh.

I don't know how to attach image here, but I can send via e-mail.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 4806
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: iOS Version of Leaf Spy development discussion

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:56 am

One thing I noticed on the first version and still happened with 1.05...

When tapping to go into the preferences screen, there is a quick pair of sharp high-pitched beeps. Subsequent trips to the preferences don't elicit these beeps until the app is terminated and restarted. Is it normal to get these beeps sometimes but not other times? Is it possible to turn them off altogether?
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”