Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:46 pm

spike wrote:I didn't get a owners manual but this is an X model... with the big head unit, cruise control etc... Do make Leafs with out TPS? I thought that would be needed for other things? This car does have a collision detection feature that beeps at you if you about to hit something...

You could try lowering the pressure in one tire and see if you get a dash tire warning message. If you do then you must have TPMS if not then you don't.

tricky98

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:50 pm

HI,
I want to buy a 2018 Leaf, but the car will be parked directly outside of the bedroom window and I leave early in the morning, before the wide is awake...
During an extended test drive, I found that to remove the charging cable, I need to either press the button on the fob, or the one in the car, to release the locking pin from the cable. When I do this, the car emits three loud beeps, which woke my wife :(

Therefore the only way I'm allowed to buy the car, will be if I can disable the beeps -
I've read that Leaf Spy is able to disable the charge port opening beep, but need to confirm that this is the same beep and it can definitely be disabled on a 2018 Leaf.

Please can someone advise?

My other thought was to make the hole in the type 2 plug, a slot, and then just pull the cable out - but I'm not sure how the car would react to this - if anyone has ever done this, please let me know.

Thanks

serno
Delivery Date: 24 Jul 2018

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:08 am

Hi,
Not sure where to post this to be honest. Just purchased your application for iOS and I found no information concerning the following question:

As I've seen a lot other things like Wheel Angle data is available but is not included in the log file. Is it possible to configure somehow what gets logged into the log file?
Thank you.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:01 pm

serno wrote:Hi,
Not sure where to post this to be honest. Just purchased your application for iOS and I found no information concerning the following question:

As I've seen a lot other things like Wheel Angle data is available but is not included in the log file. Is it possible to configure somehow what gets logged into the log file?
Thank you.

Not at this time.

For the new Custom Screen option I am looking at a new log that would only log the data being displayed. With the current log the more data logged the longer it takes to read all the data. This slows down the refresh rate so there is a longer time between log entries.

What is the reason you need to log the Steering Wheel angle? That function was put in to help a person who was moving the Leaf electronics into a different vehicle and was having trouble with the new vehicle's steering wheel turning more degrees than the Leaf and the Leaf sensor malfunctioning.

serno
Delivery Date: 24 Jul 2018

Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:04 am

Turbo3 wrote:
serno wrote:Hi,

Thank you.

Not at this time.

For the new Custom Screen option I am looking at a new log that would only log the data being displayed. With the current log the more data logged the longer it takes to read all the data. This slows down the refresh rate so there is a longer time between log entries.

What is the reason you need to log the Steering Wheel angle? That function was put in to help a person who was moving the Leaf electronics into a different vehicle and was having trouble with the new vehicle's steering wheel turning more degrees than the Leaf and the Leaf sensor malfunctioning.

Thank you for your answer. We are experimenting with autonomous vehicle functions on a Nissan Leaf and would have been nice to get the current wheel angle from the log files.

StuartAB
Delivery Date: 31 Jul 2018

Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:30 am

Hi! I bought this dongle which several people had recommended: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

It worked fine when tested with LeafSpy Lite on Android, so I purchased Leaf Spy Pro for IOS. However, my iPad Pro (current model) refuses to pair with the dongle. Argh! Help!

Stuarr

Return to “LEAF CANBus”