Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Re: Register Tire Positions

Wed May 06, 2015 10:25 am

userneym wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:I have added letters A B C D to show how the remapping affects the location. The letters are in clockwise order starting with the front left tire per how the Leaf orders the tire locations....

Excellent idea, nice graphics, I like it! I hope you upgrade the android too.

Yes, the changes should be integrated into the Android version later today.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Wed May 06, 2015 11:15 am

What I have provided is not a tire rotation function just a way to reorder the position of the tire pressure readings on the screen.

What I am thinking of adding are three buttons to do a virtual tire rotation.

1. Reset to registered position
2. Nissan recommended front back swap
3. Straight back to front and swap rear

This would be most useful for option 3 as the app would do the complicated reordering.

TimLee
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026

Wed May 06, 2015 12:03 pm

garsh wrote:The problem with the "tire letter" method is that it requires the user to remember the original position.
Instead of doing that, can you show four tires (really, just black rectangles), and then add arrows showing how each one moves when the different selections are made?

What you are suggesting is what I was initially thinking.
But I think what Jim has proposed is the best that can be done.
Any swapping is based on the last registered A, B, C, D positions.

If you are rotating like Nissan recommends it is simple.

If you are choosing to do cross back / forward, just going to have to keep up with the tire locations.

But still a big improvement over going through the tedious tire registration process each time you rotate the tires.

Does remind me that since my tires are worn out that I need the installer to get the rims back into their current location.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

garsh
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2012

Wed May 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Turbo3 wrote:Here it is with arrows. Keep in mind you still need to keep track of where the tires where originally registered to know how to do the selection of swapping so the letters are still required to be displayed.

Yep. But it's one less thing to remember.
I like it! Looking forward to the update. :)
2012 Black SV w. G35 wheels, 8 bars, 93,000 miles

Turbo3
Gold Member

Wed May 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Here is my ultimate solution to tire rotation without re-registering the tires.

Step 1 is to change the display location to match the current tire positions. If the tires have never been rotated or are in their original registered positions then all three switches would be off. If not then update the swap switches to make any necessary corrections. Once you have this set you no longer need to manually make these changes when you rotate your tires.

Step 2 is done after the tires have been rotate. The two rotation methods supported are swap front/rear and the more complicated cross back straight forward. You press one of these two buttons to update the display location anytime you rotate the tires.

You do step 1 once to get the display synchronized with the tire locations and then repeat Step 2 each time the tires are rotated.

Below is an example of using the cross back straight forward method. After four rotations the tires are back in their original positions again.

Image Image

Image Image

TimLee
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026

Thu May 07, 2015 8:17 am

Really great change Jim :D

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

garsh
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2012

Thu May 07, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm now realizing that the arrows aren't quite intuitive, since they mean different things based on which arrows you follow first.
Can you show diagonal arrows instead when a pair of options are set?
2012 Black SV w. G35 wheels, 8 bars, 93,000 miles

Turbo3
Gold Member

Thu May 07, 2015 1:24 pm

garsh wrote:I'm now realizing that the arrows aren't quite intuitive, since they mean different things based on which arrows you follow first.
Can you show diagonal arrows instead when a pair of options are set?

The arrows on the tire settings panel do not refer to the tire rotation operation. The arrows indicate how the tires have been moved from their registered positions with the front/back swap always done first if selected. You use the three swap options to make any necessary adjustment so the tire pressures are correctly located on screen 4. Once you have the tires correctly remapped you can then use the rotation buttons to automatically do a virtual registration and do the correct remap based on the rotation type you have selected.

Carefully look at how the tire locations (ABCD) change in the above example of a straight forward and swap back rotation as it cycles through the four combinations. If you had to do the manually remap after each rotation if would get very complicated even more so if the tires were not in their registered position to start with. I will post an android example of just that situation.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Thu May 07, 2015 5:00 pm

I have switched to images for the rotation options and added another option. Here is what the Android version look like.

After you rotate your tires you tap the appropriate image to do a virtual tire registration and adjust the TPMS locations within the app.

billg
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2014

Fri May 08, 2015 7:49 am

Turbo3 wrote:I have switched to images for the rotation options and added another option. Here is what the Android version look like.

How do I get this screen to display? Mine stops at the Sound Alarm toggle. I have Leaf Spy Pro 0.35.59, which is the current version in the Play Store.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”