AHr changed after P3227 update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondDan73

I bought a 9 bar 2012 SL a few days ago. I used LEAF pro to check the battery and the AHr was 42.94. I dropped it off a the Nissan dealership to have the P3227 update done and picked it up today. When I got home, I check the LEAF pro stats and my AHr went up to 50.80. Is this normal?

Yep, it takes at least a month for the BMS to relearn and the readings to stabilize and return to normal...

See this thread for more info: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13273&p=301617&hilit=p3227#p301617

DiamondDan73 said:
I bought a 9 bar 2012 SL a few days ago. I used LEAF pro to check the battery and the AHr was 42.94. I dropped it off a the Nissan dealership to have the P3227 update done and picked it up today. When I got home, I check the LEAF pro stats and my AHr went up to 50.80. Is this normal?

DiamondDan73 said:
Yes, normal.

I waited till after I lost the eighth bar before I had P3227 done.

It caused SOH to jump from 64% up to 76%.

But somehow the eighth bar did not relight.

Even though I lost it two weeks past five years Nissan did provide new pack.

SOH was steadily slowly dropping on the old pack.
But was still around 70% when new pack was installed.

Yes, I was lucky.

DiamondDan73 said:

Is there a specific request for this update? Is it normally done when the battery is checked? Will it show up as being completed in a VIN check?

After the P3227 update you should have lost your regen too. That's their sneaky little way to keep you from getting a new battery. Have you noticed anything with the regen?

Marktm said:
... Is there a specific request for this update? Is it normally done when the battery is checked? Will it show up as being completed in a VIN check?
If it has not been done most dealers do it unless you specifically request them not to do it. So it was done on most peoples vehicle at the next battery check.
It will show up in the maintenance system under the VIN. Either pending or when performed.

vin944 said:
After the P3227 update you should have lost your regen too. That's their sneaky little way to keep you from getting a new battery. Have you noticed anything with the regen?
In my case regen was already pretty limited due to capacity loss and battery resistance increase. But it was pretty much totally gone after P3227 was done.

Regen is back with the new pack.
But I think it is still below what it was with the brand new LEAF.
I think P3227 had adverse impacts on regen even with the new pack.
But I don't have data to prove that.

TimLee said:
If it has not been done most dealers do it unless you specifically request them not to do it. So it was done on most peoples vehicle at the next battery check.
It will show up in the maintenance system under the VIN. Either pending or when performed.

Well, good news tonight. Coming back from the local baseball game (Skeeters in Sugar Land), I noticed the GOM looked a little different. The top of the battery health bars was the same as the top of the little "electric pump" icon. I'd decided that would show me when the 9th bar dropped - and sure enough I'm at eight bars now.

I have until August 24th of 2017 (and plenty of miles left) to get the replacement. Now is decision time - when to get it done. Will talk with the dealer next week - they already know it was likely to happen, but I did not think so soon.

I'm going to get LeafSpy and put the stats on the forum. :| :) :cool: :D :lol:

Back